Cheating NPC miner

Have a look at this protocol:

21:12:50 Notify Target is invulnerable.
21:12:47 Combat 845 to Poksu Mineral Group Badger - 425mm AutoCannon II - Penetrates
21:12:44 Combat 580 to Poksu Mineral Group Badger - 425mm AutoCannon II - Hits
21:12:40 Combat 856 to Poksu Mineral Group Badger - 425mm AutoCannon II - Penetrates
21:12:37 Combat 643 to Poksu Mineral Group Badger - 425mm AutoCannon II - Hits
21:12:36 Combat Warp scramble attempt from you to Poksu Mineral Group Badger

The last entry is from logging the NPC Badger to warp away from my SCRAM!

Have to admit was the first time I shot one of these miners (the new dark blue color annoyed me … lol). Is this cheating normal or a bug?

1 Like

That should not happen. You didn’t get out of scram range did you, they can switch direction rapidly.

1 Like

I’d bet on this one. Use disuptor next time.

Then the message would have been different … also the badger was not moving at all, except from going instant into warp.

You’ve got jammed by belt rats, lost the lock and scram?

sigh not according to the log, there were no rats, only me, the NPC badger and some NPC mining ships. The badger was ~2000m from my position (I combat probed warped there).

1 Like

That case I can only say they behave really, really odd today. Maybe AI changes haven’t settle in yet. I’ve had cases when response fleet showed up almost instantly when I landed on grid and this shouldn’t happen also.

1 Like

That’s not the only way they cheat. I’ve bumped an NPC skiff about 100km off the rock it was mining and it was STILL locked onto it and mining…

2 Likes

Bug Report it.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.