I guess it would depend on the content.
- At what range do you expect to do most of your killing?
- What is the resist profile of the rats that you are facing?
- Will you be facing a lot of Damps, TD’s, or ECM?
- Bonus to information command burst would help in content with a lot of ewar.
- Info command bursts can improve Target Painters (generally don’t improve application as much as a web, but have a much longer range).
- Higher Base DPS
- Damage locked to kinetic
- Explosion radius bonus helps out application against smaller ships (it’s not amazing, but it helps)
- Bonus to skirmish command burst can help you move around faster (improve align time and speed on grid)
- An extra long web range will make a huge difference to application (for your missiles and your drones) against anything that likes to rush in and then orbit outside of normal web range
- Can change damage type depending on need (more important for missions, when rat type can change)
- Missile Velocity Bonus can help you hit out a little further.
Of course, you can also remove all the guesswork, and just plug your fits and the target profiles into pyfa to see what would happen.
Note that this is against a frigate sized rat with a uniform resist profile.
In fact, here’s a cruiser with a uniform resist profile
Anyway, both ships are good. But I think that overall, skirmish links are more useful than information. So, since you’re just messing around, you might consider training for the Claymore and skirmish command bursts, as you might get more mileage out of them in the long run. Don’t get me wrong, I don’t mean to sell information links short. It’s just that the skirmish ones are really powerful.