Clear Vision Update

One of the major issues with the game is travel time. For anyone going in PVP roams or hauling/traveling, the gate animation is irrelevant after the first 5 or so jumps. Anything that adds MORE time to these activities needs to go. Ive considered starting a thread about it, in anything bigger than a cruiser its just monotonous to travel.
Some say they can still see the jump animation long after they closed their game

6 Likes

Start the thd dude! Please!

Not to mention seeing it over and over again while moving multiple toons through space. I triplebox most of the time and enduring this new cosmetic change on all 3 toons while jumping gate to gate to gate to gate… egad, it’s like… “enough! need a toggle on this… just like we needed a toggle on the red dot inventory system… just like we needed a toggle on the old map/new map…”

Well, at least that last one’s toggle does exist (and still works after all these years!).

Anyway, they shut it down (temporarily, apparently) after just one day of the new system… we’ll see what happens going forward.

Yeah… it’s not very fun. undocking from Jita with 30 secs of invuln timer but being black screened until there’s only 15 secs left isn’t too hot, either. thank goodness for instaundocks.

The one day this new jump system was in, I tested several times while tripleboxing, and I was able to finally control my ship between 50 and 52 secs of the 60 sec invuln timer remaining.

The day after, once they’d disabled it for testing, with the old jumps back in place IOW, I was able to control my ship between 55 and 56 secs of the 60 sec invuln timer remaining.

It is a noticeable difference. I’m sure some people had complained of the previous system way back when it was new (before it, you just immediately loaded the new system after a black rectangle progress bar box came up, went to 100%, and then dropped off, IIRC?).

Mostly they compained it made them sick, and some said they were unsubbing.

I wonder if they did.

1 Like

Maybe. for awhile. but they came back.

THEY ALWAYS COME BACK.

1 Like

Unless they lost everything when their stuff got looted from a citadel, after a dramatic change in the rules of the game.

Makes you wonder if they ever lost things in an actual catastrophic event, if they’d just give up on life.

I assume they keep all their things in the one place. Easier to find it that way.

Banks > matresses tho

Some people treat Eve as their bank.

So it’s even more hilarious when they lose everything.

I guess… I was more alluding to having all in game assets in one destructible station/

But yeah either way, lol

Hey sorry, only just noticed this. We’re actively working on making the world news more prominent on our website.

2 Likes

Minor question: Is there a way for those of us that don’t use Facebook or Twitter to enter this competition? I feel that pushing just those two will limit those that want to submit screenshots to using things that they don’t want? Sure I know you want the rest of the world to see them, but perhaps you could still give people the option of sending them in without using Social Media?

5 Likes

I really, but really hope that the one who desighned the new undocking camera script ALWAYS LOOKS ONLY AT HIS GARAGE when he takes out his car. Every time he does that i hope he NEVER LOOKS at the road AHEAD, but ONLY BACK AT HIS GARAGE. I’d really like to see that happen in real life. And I hope he really admires his own garage so much he’s looking only at it whide going out on the road.

So… Who knows how to switch back to the old undocking camera script? As every normal rider i’m interested in looking at the road ahead, but not at the garage I just came out.

Alt-3 then Alt-2. Every time you undock.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.