Client crash after /lib migration; database locked

I run gentoo, which recently implemented a migration of 32-bit library files (as far as I can tell; it’s complicated and messy and I am a dirty casual with Linux). However, after the migration the launcher fails to start any client with the following error:

Installed Qt WebEngine locales directory not found at location 
/home/elassus/carrier0/launcher/evelauncher/translations/qtwebengine_locales. Trying application directory...
Qt WebEngine locales directory not found at location 
/home/elassus/carrier0/launcher/evelauncher/qtwebengine_locales. Trying fallback directory... Translations MAY NOT not be correct.
[0221/102106.566915:WARNING:resource_bundle_qt.cpp(116)] locale_file_path.empty() for locale 
[S_API FAIL] SteamAPI_Init() failed; SteamAPI_IsSteamRunning() failed.
[S_API FAIL] SteamAPI_Init() failed; unable to locate a running instance of Steam, or a local steamclient.so.
[24475:24520:0221/102108.799179:ERROR:service_worker_storage.cc(2104)] Failed to delete the database: Database IO error
[24475:24518:0221/102112.228334:ERROR:connection.cc(1862)] Quota sqlite error 5, errno 0: database is locked, sql: INSERT INTO OriginInfoTable (used_count, last_access_time, origin, type, last_modified_time) VALUES (?, ?, ?, ?, ?)
[24475:24518:0221/102113.232604:ERROR:sandbox_origin_database.cc(189)] SandboxOriginDatabase failed at: Init@../../3rdparty/chromium/storage/browser/fileapi/sandbox_origin_database.cc:93 with error: IO error: /home/elassus/.local/share/CCP/EVE/QtWebEngine/Default/File System/Origins/LOCK: No further details. (ChromeMethodBFE: 15::LockFile::1)
[24475:24518:0221/102114.371306:ERROR:sandbox_origin_database.cc(189)] SandboxOriginDatabase failed at: Init@../../3rdparty/chromium/storage/browser/fileapi/sandbox_origin_database.cc:93 with error: IO error: /home/elassus/.local/share/CCP/EVE/QtWebEngine/Default/File System/Origins/LOCK: No further details. (ChromeMethodBFE: 15::LockFile::1)
[24475:24566:0221/102114.532983:ERROR:connection.cc(1862)] Quota sqlite error 5, errno 0: database is locked, sql: INSERT INTO OriginInfoTable (last_modified_time, origin, type, last_access_time)  VALUES (?, ?, ?, ?)
[24475:24566:0221/102114.621872:ERROR:connection.cc(1862)] Quota sqlite error 5, errno 0: database is locked, sql: INSERT INTO OriginInfoTable (last_modified_time, origin, type, last_access_time)  VALUES (?, ?, ?, ?)
[24475:24566:0221/102117.320853:ERROR:connection.cc(1862)] Quota sqlite error 5, errno 0: database is locked, sql: INSERT INTO OriginInfoTable (last_modified_time, origin, type, last_access_time)  VALUES (?, ?, ?, ?)
[24475:24566:0221/102117.412474:ERROR:connection.cc(1862)] Quota sqlite error 5, errno 0: database is locked, sql: INSERT INTO OriginInfoTable (last_modified_time, origin, type, last_access_time)  VALUES (?, ?, ?, ?)

What might be causing this error? It seems like I just need to delete a lockfile somewhere, but if I delete ~/.local/share/CCP/EVE/QtWebEngine/Default/File System/Origins/LOCK the whole launcher segfaults.

Any other suggestions?

Cheers,
EH

(PS: I don’t know if it’s relevant, but I always get the “some indices were not available” when parsing the shared cache. Is there a way to fix that?)

Try to remove the whole directories with

rm -rfv ~/.cache/CCP/EVE/QtWebEngine
rm -rfv ~/.local/share/CCP/EVE/QtWebEngine

For the EVE Launcher and EVE Online itself you dont need 32bit libraries anymore, both are 64bit applications.

HTH

P.S. From time to time i have the error about missing indices too and i think, he can be still ignored.

Hi Gharim,

thanks for the help! That deleted the accounts from the launcher, but alas! I still get the same error about the database.

Oops, forgot to mention that, but this happens if you delete the data bases of QtWebEngine :wink:

Hmm if the problem exists, is there a running evelauncher or QtWebEngine process after the error message? Try to kill these processes if they exists with killall evelauncher

I killed all the evelauncher and QtWebEngine processes, and attempted again. Still failed, but when it does it leaves evelauncher and QtWebEngine processes running…

I only use wine for running EVE. I wonder if emerging it without 32-bit support will help.

Any other tips?

o7
EH

I dont know if you need 32bit libs to emerge wine itself it may be possible. EVE itself isn’t 32bit anymore and need a 64bit wine environment.

The still running evelauncher process after close him do i handle with the command described before. Kill the processes first, if they exists and then remove the directories again.

tried that. Still no joy :frowning:

Which methode of install evelauncher have you used? The Uni Wiki Method install the whole Qt Runtime in the launcher directory and used these libraries per default. If you have QT on your system installed (maybe a other version than evelauncher uses) is it possible the cause of your database errors. But its only a guess.

I have Gentoo tried for years, its too much effort for my taste, YMMV.

Hrm, that might be an issue, since my local Qt install is quite a few versions ahead of the packaged one.

How do you get the launcher to use local Qt?

update: after rebooting, I see far fewer error messages about the database file being locked (only one at startup), but the client still crashes. Any tips from a dev?

update: I figured out (thanks Tweetfleet Slack!) how to use local Qt. Now I don’t see those errors about a database I/O failure, but the client still crashes.

UPDATE: success! After switching to system Qt, I was told by Bartender that the client crashing must be a wine issue. So I went back to the previous version of wine (wine-staging-5.21), copied the wineserver binaries into the launcher directories, and now it works again

huzzah!

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.