[COMPLETED] Tranquility Emergency Restart - 11 October 2021

Good day,

We have identified several issues with the in-game chat and other internal services on Tranquility earlier today. To resolve them we will need to restart Tranquility which will take place in 15 minutes at 16:20 UTC.

Please get to a safe spot and dock up at your earliest convenience!

UPDATES:

16:29 UTC
The issues seem to have been fixed. Tranquility is back online accepting connections! We are going to monitor the situation, so please do let us know if you run into any more issues.

16:21 UTC
Tranquility reboot initiated.

14 Likes

Didn’t CCP say in the past that they outsourced the chat service from the TQ server to prevent this from happening? :thinking:

5 Likes

Yes I believe Chat is hosting on AWS. Stuff happens, tech etc getting Borked.

The usual fix, turn it off then on again - always works

4 Likes

How much PLEX for always working chat?

4 Likes

10000 PLEX and the sacrifice of 100 Retired and working server hampsters

4 Likes

To be clear, the root cause is not with chat. It did not, however, recover from another outage. There were other systems that did not properly recover as well but the most noticeable symptoms to players are issues with chat and to resolve them a reboot is needed.

10 Likes

The Volcano gods are not happy!

666 Plex for 24/7 working chat !

I thought it was the new Eve version of Alone in the dark…creepy (or not) :wink:

1 Like

Reboot - Typical IT response to an issue. :grin:

2 Likes

i have a working chat 24/7

Get a move on, Ice won’t mine itself !!

Your doing a good job :slight_smile:

remove local chat, problem solve, ■■■■ the carebears

2 Likes

Today i choose to say thank you for the techs trying to make it work properly instead of being at home with family (its thanksgiving here) so much appreciated hopefully they let you expense some good coffee (not the stuff in the lounge eh )

3 Likes

Not just local chat, it’s all chat channels bro

No Chat for Null Sec would be fine!

Ban all comms channels, we gotta use hand-signals out of the space-windows to communicate and telescopes to see!

1 Like

Thank you for some more details why this brute force method is necessary. :slight_smile: :+1:

1 Like

CCP, have you checked to make sure EVE is plugged in?

3 Likes

IT people hate this one trick.

I mean, we use it, and understand why it works as well as it can. But we hate that we can’t get a better solution.

(Inconsistent states can be an absolute nightmare to debug)

4 Likes