[COMPLETED] 20220119 - Unscheduled Server Restart

UPDATE 13:00 UTC: Tranquility is online and accepting connections.

UPDATE 12:58 UTC: Tranquility is temporarily in private mode while we confirm that the restart has corrected the chat and search issues.

UPDATE 12:46 UTC: Tranquility is now offline and the restart process is underway.

Tranquility will be undergoing an unscheduled restart to address issues with some chat and search functions the cluster is currently experiencing. The restart will take place at 12:45 UTC.

Updates here and on the EVE Status Twitter.

23 Likes

i fix problem whit a relog

Hey, how about nulifier mechanic on blockade runner? this game mechanics doesn’t work, at least for me.((

2 Likes

That make sense - the problem is a few of our proxies which decided to be anti-social today, so if you roll the dice it can fix it. But we can’t just take those offline individually without crashing everyone connected to them.

6 Likes

restart server because chat not working??? Yeah, why not!

Wrong topic for this I think, but so you’re aware - you need to activate the nullifier before initiating warp, otherwise it won’t stop bubbles from catching you.

4 Likes

Thank you to CCP and to the very talented developers and programmers for all their very hard work at keeping the complex Universe of Eve Online running smoothly, thank you everyone. Eve Online is an absolute masterpiece!

14 Likes

I was wondering about why I couldn’t chat with anyone :slight_smile: - good to know

2 Likes

Are you kidding me?! I already had two missions reset and because of this, dialogues / tasks for agents disappeared.

Exterminate!

2 Likes

Can we finally move from the year 2005 with these constant restarts and garbage QA? Can you please focus on rewriting the server-side so these constant DTs are not necessary instead of implementing NFTs? Can we have like 1 DT per week?

The darleks are attacking the chat servers :open_mouth:

2 Likes

some restart the server still down lol

Not the best idea. How would you respawn asteroid belts and stuff?

like any other mmo does? eh

Do not fit an ECM burst, it turns the nullifier off.

2 Likes

easily, like everything else? you can respawn it dynamically. No need to shutdown whole server :smiley:

I just started an abyssal run when the notification popped up and almost left the 3rd room when the server went down. Does this mean I have lost my ship?

2 Likes

Is the downtime to remove the Dr Who garbage??? Please says its to remove the Dr Who garbage…