[COMPLETED] Extended Downtime Notification - 2020/07/07

UPDATE 2020/07/07 11:44 UTC: Tranquility has completed its extended downtime and is now back online and accepting connections.

Hi everyone,

Just a heads up that there will be an extended downtime tomorrow (Tuesday, July 7) while we do some security related work on the server. This is a continuation of the hardening efforts which have been underway for the last couple of months.

Downtime may last for up to 45 minutes but as always if work is completed sooner TQ will be back online just as soon as its ready.

Updates will be provided in this thread and on the EVE Status Twitter account.

18 Likes

Sooo, just security related work, no fixes for the various bugs infecting the Market interface?

3 Likes

:red_circle: All chats are dead after today’s DT. Slow clap.

12 Likes

I will trade 45 minutes for a chance at a more secure game environment. I don’t envy you on having to decide in realtime between a legitimate user and a DDoS attacker. The evefile.exe program can use large amounts of data, especially for those of us with multiple accounts.

5 Likes

All Chats are Dead right now

2 Likes

yep
blackout is back

2 Likes

Now blackout is global! Did someone forget to enable chat server?

4 Likes

I’m enjoying the silence this morning, but not the ability to NOT see who’s in local.

2 Likes

Jita is so quiet today… ^^

7 Likes

Yup, no chat at all, even in private channels. Also, I redeem todays “login gift” and it’s no where to be found after redeeming.

EDIT: Apparently I’ve been gone too log and didn’t know they changed things with redemption of certain items.

Jita of My dreams! Magic of silence! ))

3 Likes

and it is gone :sob:

1 Like

icelandic coders are the best … in mowing the lawn maybe or cutting trees.
Good job, thumbs up, excellent!

1 Like

Petition to turn all chat servers back on except Jita’s

20 Likes

Seconded

That chat service is bad since their released it, they nearly rollback, I wish they did, LUL, the real question is -> security issue or chat client issue? That Chat client is doing DDOS. LUL

i prefer the old chat system, so much more stable than this current service

3 Likes

Old chat didnt work with 64 bit client and huge fights without 64bit client suck.

1 Like

how about reboot try sort out todays problem

1 Like

I agree. Something needs to be done, please :slight_smile: