[COMPLETED] Extended Downtime Notification - 19 May 2020

Greetings,

There will be an extended downtime on Tuesday, 19 May commencing at the standard 11:00 UTC when we will make further improvements to our network infrastructure.

This process should take between 30-45 mins and we expect Tranquility to back accepting connections by 11:45 UTC at the latest. As always, we will keep you updated on the progress in this thread and via EVE_Status Twitter.

We apologize for any inconvenience this might have caused.

36 Likes

UPDATES:

12:22
TQ is back online accepting connections <3

12:06
Thank you for your patience. We need a bit more time to do a round of testing and ensure that everything is working as intended.

11:45
Greetings! Our team is working on the updates. The extended downtime will take a little longer than estimated 45 minutes. Sorry for any inconvenience. I will keep you posted on the progress!

7 Likes

Thanks for the advance warning.

Hope it all goes well.

o7

13 Likes

If you make the game more stable and harder to DDOS then it’s no inconvenience at all

22 Likes

Nostalgia for the olden days of 1 hour daily downtimes.

23 Likes

@CCP_Dopamine nice you has learned a bit to message us ingame :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

5 Likes

Get us rid of the DDoS annoyances and your downtime extension will be of no inconvenience :wink:

2 Likes

Anything up to an hour one day per week for server stability can actually be the norm. Thank you for the notification.

4 Likes

As long as we can log in daily to get our freebies it’s good.

1 Like

Great, anything to harden against that application-level DDoS (which the major DDoS reporters seem unable to detect because they never designed for it) will be much appreciated.

1 Like

1 hour downtime is nothing. If it helps make the game better go for it

2 Likes

Удачи и хороших пожеланий вам это ваша работа чтобы ваши клиенты были довольны.Всего вам доброго.

2 Likes

what about compensation for the last time the server crashed last month, as the system diagnostic’s told me here who crashed this, Eve tranquility was crashed and I lost a level (V) Amar Battle ship, and it was in the agent mission,

If the improvements make as much of an impact on my gameplay as the last time you can bring the game down for much longer. Killing DDOS and making the game smoother sounds awesome

3 Likes

Did you make a support ticket? Cause shiploss because of crashes gets reimbursed by support.

2 Likes

cat red dot

7 Likes

Have you tried turning it off and on again?

3 Likes

Does it run on Windows?

2 Likes

Dear god, I hope not.

So what’s with this “turn it off and on again”?

1 Like