[COMPLETED] Extended Downtime Notification - 19 May 2020

Touche. haha

Well, last time I checked it was on MS SQL Server

are you going to delete those red dots at last?

3 Likes

itā€™s not an inconvenience at all for network protection :heart:

1 Like

I dont have twitter

1 Like

I hope your day goes extremely well today DMC o7

I read your threads as being both informative and supportive and the way you conduct your forum affairs.

o/

3 Likes

Well, thanksā€¦ I thinkā€¦ So far my day is going good, hope itā€™s the same for you as well.

As for my conduct here in the forumsā€¦

Over the years it seems to me these forums have turned into a massive game of ā€˜Riskā€™ where attacks can and will happen anywhere at any time. My 12 years as a member of this community has made me a bit jaded, basically reacting in the same manner as how Iā€™m approached.

2 Likes

Thank you for the heads up! It is always appreciated and hope it all goes well. I hope though that if it does NOT go well, that you will keep us updated if there is a longer delay. Unlike some MMORPGā€™s out there that could care a less, and leave me saying ā€œWowā€¦ā€. :wink:

2 Likes

No it doesnā€™t. I lost several ships at the same time and they only want to replace what dropped. Thatā€™s such nonsense because I couldnā€™t login to save my ships. So we all get to take a loss because CCP canā€™t keep their servers up. If you ask, they pull out the standard ā€œwe donā€™t have to do a damn thingā€ reimbursement policy. Basically their server controls what drops, so they can steal from us whenever they want.

Same answer from CCP if you have a DC, but all other network and Web activity runs fine.
I canā€™t say to my ISP change the routing but CCP iā€™m sure they can.

There is no 100% DDOS fix but to reduce the impact or make it more stable in 30-45 min, that would be amazing! I have to deal with DDOS attack on my network as well . :worried:

Good luck!

Have you guys tried hitting the server with a stick??

1 Like

itā€™s how you clear the cache on a network printer.

The chat servers ar stil running CCP ???

yEt6JSa

8 Likes

Feedback: made a test run on the test server with a Freighter
came up with 3 aspects
-more transparency of the surrounding background of the jump tunnel funnel (its very dark)
-when arriving at the jump gate the gate is off line for about 20 seconds,ā€¦ if possible reduce that to max 5 seconds

• to compensate waiting time at the jump gate perhaps a increase of the freighters warp speed by 1.5 au is needed,ā€¦ it looks very long jumps especially in long warp distances
1 Like

You know back ion the days we had the one hour DTā€™sā€¦ Yep, most thought it was annoying, but you got to finish off things. Dinner etc.

ever since CCP was sold, weve had nothing but DDOā€™s, unstable connections, myself personally after 14 years of playing and being safe was hacked and I wasnā€™t the only one pretty much after the first DDOā€™s in January. Thtā€™s what this is all about, hacking peopleā€™s toons, then their accounts, gain access to credit cards etc. donā€™t forget who runs the show. Any major third world country is ā– ā– ā– ā–  poor. So poor it canā€™t afford dirt. Thatā€™s the purpose of these DDOā€™s in my honest opinion. This will continue, and keep continuing until the fan base sees what is going on.

4 Likes

Did you have 2FA enabled? If your account was hacked in DDoS then this DDoS was probably https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Credential_stuffing attack on CCP authentication servers. Or a smoke screen to hide an account breach/bigger bug attack.

If it stops people from making the game unplayable please take all the time you need :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Š„Š¾Ń€Š¾ŃˆŠ¾ ŠŗŠ¾Š³Š“Š° ŠæрŠµŠ“уŠæрŠµŠ¶Š“Š°ŃŽŃ‚ Š·Š° рŠ°Š½Š½ŠµŠµ

1 Like

Eve has a Printer?