Corp invite - now what?

What is the difference between player corp and NPC corp?

Before you say NPC is your default corp, on the Agency home page/splash screens, on the right side there is an option for “NPC Corporation Dashboard” that lists a number of corps that based on description appear to be player corps too.

Not sure about that in game dashboard, will have to look.

Npc corps are just that, corps setup originally by the game. A lot of gameplay is limited to player corps only, which are run by real people who set them up and manage them.

Player corp exclusive things, changing tax rates, owning structures (like citadel’s) starting or participating in wars, claiming territory in null security (0.0) space. Those are just some examples

2 Likes

Also NPC corps have 11% tax rate if I recall correctly while player corporations have whatever the CEO set up to be the tax rate. You pay tax only on npc bounties and mission payouts including mission rewards if am not mistaken. You can check the eve-university wiki for exact details.

1 Like

Correct @Uriel_the_Flame .

While the 11% taxes “disappear” in an NPC corp, being in a player corp, the taxes get put in the corp wallet for several things.

what to playre corps spend taxes on – roads and bridges?

Stations, fuel, reimbursement programms, stocks.

1 Like

If a corp has a tax, then the taxes are taken out on bounties/mission rewards etc for anything over 100,000 isk.

I think his question was about what player corps spend the taxes on then jokingly asking if they spend it on roads and bridges (like a government would do) I guess.

1 Like

What corp is that?

The Ringing Vale

You can search for that or my character name in game. Happy to answer any questions or help.

RGB Dragon

Most corps use taxes to ultimately provide content for their members. I see corps as content generators. You can do a lot on your own in Eve, but most things you can do by yourself can also be done with others - and are often more fun that way. Corps give you a group of people to play with, as well as organized activities you can participate in.

Many corps use taxes to provide an SRP (ship replacement program) where the cost of your ship will be paid back to you if you lose it while participating in a corp activity, enabling you to play more and grind for money to buy ships less. Just one example.

Feel free to hit me up in game with an Eve mail and I’d be happy to give you more info on how corps work, or any other tips. Welcome to New Eden, @JayEm_HighCastle :slight_smile:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.