Could use some help with cheap marauder fits

You pretty much have it sussed to be honest.

Depends, most gankers will bring in overkill, though a Rook could remove quite a few. Gankers are actually quite adept at adjusting their fits, so if you used it once they would likely add sebo’s and try again. Still worth doing as a first line of defence. They would also combat probe you so would pick up the Rook.

I hate those missions that have no acceleration gates and make you pick up stuff near the warp in. I started to reject them if gankers were active.

Well, I figured if I fly solo without an alt, biggest risk is jumping into next system and getting caught on the gate = game over, literally nothing you can do. Of course I can dock and use frigate from escape bay to scout ahead, but this becomes extremely impractical with all the time wasted. This necessitates getting a second “hero support” account, which means I have to decide which ship to train into for the alt. There’s always the option of just flying T1 frig, but it’s hardly worth it, might as well fly something that makes ganking main harder. Smart bombing BB is not practical imho. Strategic cruiser or combat recon is something worth experimenting with. Any other ideas?

Is it really this dangerous to move ships around highsec? I mean, I don’t fly expensive ships, but I have never seen anything like this… as long as I avoid the huge red dots on the map.

Well, some corps are wanting to earn ISK by doing protection racket in some of the more lucrative mission hubs. So if you don’t pay them for standing they will try to blow up your mission ship, and one of the easier places to do that is coming out the other side of the gate.

Honestly? Just avoid SOE and major ones like Diodixie.

Correct. Your idea of stashing ships in different hubs is a good one.

Look, buffer tank and low potential loot drops do indeed help to deter ganks. True, anything can be ganked, but they’re going to prioritize soft and profitable targets over hard and unprofitable targets. Think of it like a seatbelt. It won’t guarantee you won’t die in a car crash, but it will dramatically increase your chances of surviving. Of course, fitting extra buffer and being cheap does carry a cost in terms of isk efficiency. So, I won’t say that everyone should do it all times, but it certainly is a good way to mitigate your risk.

Second, make use of travel fits where appropriate (i.e. moving between incursion foci).

Third, you were kind of short on details. I mean, you didn’t even say what you use them for. However, one thing I can suggest is using abyssals to make cheap faction alternatives.

The jumping into another system is always a risk, two accounts are a must. I don’t play unless I run two accounts.

I have a Celestis fit that I use to get in the way of gankers, the way they work is to have a tackle with a long point at the gate, they stop your warp then use combat probes to get on you, their catalysts have scrams so game over.

This works best with -10 characters as no issue you apply and they can’t do anything, but you could always apply it to the ganker tackle even if he has used tags before you decloak and then moon walk out, your alt will get concorded but it is better than losing the Marauder. I will send you the fit tomorrow by Eve mail, I have saved several ships in Uedama using this, the last one being a Marauder.

It is actually possible to save yourself, If you jump through and there is something to tackle, align to the out gate apply overheated MWD and the MJD together, if they use Catalysts they will land outside of optimal And if you are lucky your MJD will apply before they scram you. I found that you can run MWD and MJD together.

I have only seen a few Marauders able to tank the blob in Uedama, one was especially impressive, most who use Bastion without a buffer die.

I hope this helps

PS I have an Eve forum stalker, if you have not noticed.

oxymoron != contradiction

oxymoron is when there is the obvious contradiction that actually does not exist.

People are lying. Getting killed or not is a matter of chance, period.

You can get ganked in cheap T2 fit, being ; and you may not get ganked in bling fit while being AFK.

You can reduce the chances, but all in all it’s just a matter of chance. The one who say otherwise are talking off their arse.

1 Like

Having trouble getting any buffer tank on Vargur. MJD+MWD+2TC leaves only two slots for tank, and one of them is booster. Rest of Marauders can all manage to squeeze in 2 mods that increase tank. Giving up both tracking comps on Vargur would work, but feels wrong. Maybe it is the way.

you only need rigs for falloff on vargur. TC is useless.

So the falloff rig is better than rate of fire or damage?

I think OP needs vulture alt with full nirvana implants and shield command mindlink. Plus few 300 ehp golems with xl ancillary shield boosters, with characters also using nirvanas. Cheap marauder fits using a lot of shield extenders and hardeners. Nothing fancy.

definitely better than TC.

Then you can use 3 gyros and DC in the lows.

Wut. Its not chance ROFL. You can actively take countermeasures to evade and reduce.

Gankers don’t have magical powers, they are ordered by the same rules as the rest of the players.

The number one advantage is local. Keep a weather eye on it and F10, and you are already leagues ahead of peeps. Use zkills as well to find out what systems are hot spots. Simply use agency to find lvl 4 systems and check it in zkills.

I swear, there is so much meta info available if you take the time to actually use it.

Right. I got my fits working. I set up all T2 fits, without any deadspace nor faction mods, squeezed 2x1600mm plates on Kronos and Paladin, and 2xLSEII on Vargur and Golem. Each one has damage control fitted and large repairer or booster plus two damage mods, plus extra niceties fit just fine. Nothing crazy, but pretty cheap and not too easy to gank.

I’m no help when it comes to Marauder fits, but I had no idea this website was a thing until yesterday when someone showed it to me in local chat: https://www.eveworkbench.com/

Work bench is alright. Some fits are questionable but also give a good base to make your own.

1 Like

I gave you the answer in the other thread, quite a few days ago.

It was 4 days ago, I tried it and I did not like it. Prefer autocannons and 2xLSEII with large booster, which I got working eventually.

Kind of a one man Rooks and Kings.

1 Like