Courier contract issues with citadels

You cannot know if they are secure for sure. There have already been instances where trusted contractors turned coat and closed their structures after a long history of successful hauls. There are also more and more instances where CFC and CODE just buy structures with long histories of public access to use them for the above activities.

@Yemontoshi Very good post. I could not have said it better.

As a primary counter to this if the station is NPC controlled as a destination it’s fairly easy to confirm it’s always possible to deliver to. If it’s high sec and no low/null spaces between then you can plan backup and warp punting frigates with webs to make it nearly instant and safe. If you need something shipped to your Citadel/EC/Refinery then bouncing to one of these npc stations is effortless.

There are lots of systems even in high sec without any NPC station. While I support the delivery of CCs to NPC stations and then haul the assets yourself from there to your structure, this can’t be the only way to get things delivered to your place just because an every growing number (and by now not insignificant number) of characters have nothing better to do than to use the system against the rest community just because the developer is not competent enough to implement mitigation tools while allowing the scams.

The base of your request for Change is your potential inability to block potential scammers. I surely have no idea how many people this affects, but I know for a fact that you are not actually affected, because you are nowhere near the limit.

You want this change for completely unrelated reasons. You want this change because of something that might, eventually, maybe happen.

That tells me that you are …
… well, not worth the time, as always.

No solid base.
Too obvious to see what this really is about.
Full of negative energy.
It’s you.

3/10.

Schätzchen, please learn to read before you post. The first post clearly states than I am near 50% of the available slots, and that there are potentially 10000 characters from just one group that actually keep posting access denial contracts. Every day since this discovery I have blocked between 3-10 characters.

This is not “somethign might eventually”, this is approaching at a rapid rate.

If that was the case, you would have taken a deep breath and then not have posted. The fact that you posted your gross misrepresentation of reality demonstrates conclusively that I am very much worth your time. You keep disproving your own points by your own actions time and again. :smiley:

For the sake of argument and since this is a discussion forum and not a plattform for trolls: What would be these “completely unrelated reasons”? Can you actually name one that is not already disproved in the first post? Remember, the first post clearly states my opinion that I merely want to block more things, not make the scams impossible to pull off. I would very much appreciate if CCP did make them not viable any more with the post box but because of the delicious tears of people like you, this will never happen and I have settled for a solution that suits both of sides of the aisle.
Besides: The more people I can block, the more contracts I can haul and the more often I am in space, available for Tornado or Purifier attacks.

Again: Which “completely unrelated reasons” am I pursuing?

1 Like

Scams are great for competent hauler pilots because they weed out the failures and remove competition for your services. Be the person who benefits from the scam, not the victim.

Scams are part of the game, yes, but as is there is a game mechanic that forces one player to lose ISK to another player with no clear in-game way to differentiate between legitimate or illegitimate.

There is a way to differentiate, you’re just too greedy to accept it. Treat any contract to a player-owned structure as a scam. It means less profit, but ensures that you don’t get scammed. It’s 100% your fault for being too greedy and taking high-risk contracts from random strangers.

To those not aware of courier contract mechanics: imagine if you bought an MWD from someone on the market. You put this on your ship, go flying and then your ship instantly explodes with no way to avoid it - turns out the seller of the item had done something you had no way to tell after you used the game mechanic (purchasing). On top of this, them doing this cost them no time or ISK, it’s a free item to them that they sold for your ISK. The seller is known for doing this and you don’t get any proper way of filtering them out permanently - they’ll just make another alt and continue after a few days/weeks of doing it.

This isn’t an honest comparison at all. The correct module equivalent would be a MWD that is known to have a 95% chance of exploding when you use it but gives a massive speed boost if it doesn’t. If you’re dumb enough to spend ISK on the high-risk module you don’t get to complain when it explodes.

As a result, people use them and you can’t ignore them permanently without cutting your own potential vastly short.

But I thought it’s all scams? How can you be cutting your own potential short if hauling to a player structure is a scam? If there’s really so much profit to be made that you’re hurting yourself so badly by declining those contracts then the answer is simple: accept the scam losses as the cost of doing business and keep making a profit overall. Or, if the scams outweigh the legitimate contracts, you aren’t cutting your potential short.

1 Like

If you showed a shred of competence, you would notice that neither Yemontoshi nor I argue for the removal of the scams We argue for tools to be available to competent haulers who know how to act and that these tools cannot just get flooded to death by more and more alts.

But I guess expecting competence from a person with your attitude is too much to ask for.

Again, lack of competence. If you would read carefully, it was stated that CCP is hellbent on forcing people into structures, which means in turn that more and more people need to haul to structures. This is, however, made unfeasible by an ever growing number of people putting up scam contracts. With tools at our disposal to remove those scams from our contract search results (because we are competent and generally know what a scam is and what not), we can run contracts to citadels and people can actually properly use these tools that CCP coerces us to use.

Furthermore: Accepting scam losses is not a thing. A single scam loss costs as much as months worth of hauling income. You can’t just accept these losses when you have to haul to citadels at some point to get any contracts. For that eventuality, the proper tools need to be available. People like you are not forced to use it if you do not want to, but competent haulers do not need their contract search flooded with hundreds of scams.

This, however, is not sustainable:

Your comparison is not any less inappropriate. Let me give you a really appropriate comparison:
The correct module equivalent would be an MWD that has the chance to blow up into your face randomly and you have no idea how high the chances really are of the copy that you just bought. You also do not receive a massive speed boost compared to normal MWDs because it was just mutated with a crappy mutagen and only gives you maybe 5% more speed than the original module.
This is what citadel contracts are and will be even more predominantly if the current trend with CCP’s dumb focus of turning everything into citadels continues.

1 Like

I’m not a scammer. I’ve never been a scammer. I’m a hauling consultant. I would not trick anyone in eve into giving me their isk. I’m an honest hard working consultant. This fly fearless scam army is something that maybe the ministry of love from goons set up in order to cause damage to haulers that they can’t gank.

1 Like

Good that you mention it, and thanks for confirming it. Voice of Highsec of Uedama Governorate Holdings has the same shitty gif in their corp info that your corp has in its info.

And a structure is held by Hashcoins McTripping TheHekOut, a nice Siegfried Cohenberg alt.

And Highsec Oversight Committee II probably rings a bell, right? Also one of your corps, Tweeps.

You are really busy with those contracts. Really good to see more of your characters revealed every single day.

I don’t have as many alts as you think I do

But more alts than I give you credit for.

If that’s what you think, then somehow I’m some kind of boogeyman to haulers. Strange

I’m not sure what you’re implying. This should answer all of your questions --> http://soundcloud.com/user-514547931/audio-message-1

That I need CCP to change these settings so that my contract window can accommodate your ego.

I think you’re misunderstanding Tweeps - you have the completely wrong frame of mind set on him. I don’t think Tweeps had anything to do with this, he’s been very busy fighting Fly Fearless. It’s clear to me that the amount of effort placed in the operation has to have the backing of a large entity behind it. Goons has been suggested and I could definitely see that - it could also perhaps be Push-X? They’re a large hauling service that would do well to see eliminated competition via scams.

Considering that contracts were issued by chars directly affiliated with his character, I am not mistaking anything with regards to him//her/it.

Either way: You are burying useful discussion. You haven’t given poor Solistice any chance to respond after his rage quit. Maybe we should slow down the pace a bit with the useless spam or do you have something substantial to add?

I just feel you’re jumping to conclusions - we have no guarantees all those characters are directly affiliated with him.

Right, right. It’s a big conspiracy involving 1. Goons (I’m blacklisted from Goons btw), 2. Fly Fearless (who I’m at war with), 3. Siegfried Cohenberg (who I haven’t played with in years - ask anybody in CODE.), and 4. myself (blacklisted from CODE. - again ask anybody in CODE.) Obviously your murderboarding skills are unparalleled. You’ve uncovered unprecedented collusion between individuals and groups that don’t work together or get along. Amazing!

1 Like

The characters I listed in my above posts are. What is the deal with the other 7000 characters that got kicked or left FF doesn’t matter to me yet. I just know that there are at least 7000 characters who will potentially issue scam contracts and I can only block at most 550 more of them. Less actually because other groups won’t stop issuing their scam contracts just because Tweeps have something to prove.

And that’s all that matters to me: I want to block all 7000 characters if necessary and that I and many people do not want to get flooded with the terrible scam contracts. I mean, there are some contracts up paying not even 30M for the transport. Other big time scammers at least blot out the first page with their high paying contracts. Tweeps, Kalorned or whoever else concerts these efforts can’t even pay properly for the scams.

+1 for option 1, but why are you accepting contracts with your hauling character?

That’s just looking to be scammed and increases the ganking risk.

1 Like