CRITICAL BUG - guns do not group or split

CCP your game is broken

If you group your guns there’s a very real shot they appear grouped, but aren’t.

If they are grouped, there’s a very real shot when you reload or change ammo that the grouped guns don’t all get the reload, and only one weapon reloads a different ammo. Then when you fire, only one weapon will fire, but they will appear grouped still and appear as if they all fire.

This doesn’t always happen, but it certainly can, and this is obviously enough to determine a fight.

How is this a thing, given the severity. Seriously CCP?

This game’s commands are honestly so broken it’s hard to believe.

there are so many times i press a button to execute a command and nothing happens, or something happens and it’s not what i executed. I really don’t understand how this continues.

4 Likes

What youve mentioned, has never happened to me.

3 Likes

What youve mentioned, has never happened to me.

3 Likes

maybe you did a mistake ? because ive never saw such “issues” … and if you would have this “issue” then you would file a bug report ! but you choose otherwise …

2 Likes

This happens if you un-group your weapons and then fire them individually. Your turrets can then end up with different ammo amounts and thus different reload times. If you then re-group your weapons you are compounding this issue…I think especially so with crystals, as you may get either an expired crystal not reloading or the entire set not reloading because some of the set have not expired.

Personally, if I have ungrouped crystals for a fight then I chuck away the whole lot at the end and reload fresh ones. Wasteful, but it gets round the issue.

1 Like

This has happened to me plenty of times, but only recently for some reason.

The things I have randomly happen are:

• Not all of the guns reload their ammo, so I’ll start firing and have to reload way sooner than I should have to.

• Not all of the guns fire, even though they are grouped, were reloaded as a group, and were never split and fired at any point. I’m suddenly getting a fraction of the damage I should have, as if only a single turret/launcher is firing… Sometimes just stopping and restarting fixes it, sometimes it requires ungrouping them all, reloading them all, and re-grouping.

• Sometimes I get the weirdest thing, where the last 5-10 shots of ammo are just “ghosts”. I press the button, nothing happens, the ammo counter ticks down one and the guns look like they’re ready to fire again. If I keep pressing the button, the ammo counter just keeps going down until it hits zero and then the guns reload. So it looks like I have 10 shots left, but really I have none, even though it was ticking down normally, they were reloaded normally, etc.

It happens on ships where the guns haven’t been individually fired as well, or have always been grouped.

I never experienced this until earlier this year, but I did install Eve onto my new laptop after I moved and got settled. So there was about a 5 month downtime between when I last played Eve to when I re-installed it. Literally within 2 days of install I started to have it happen fairly regularly. That’s the only thing that I know has changed in my setup, all of my ships were the same and I was using them in the same way.

I’ve had it happen on lasers, rails and missiles.

2 Likes

D’awwww, you must not remember what it was like before gun grouping existed, although iirc there is a hotkey to fire all ungrouped weapons anyway, welcome to how EVE used to be played :slight_smile:

1 Like

Aure you completely sure that all the turrets are exactly the same gun?

Also check that in your HUD, you don’t have “Lock modules in place” active, because that tends to prevent gun grouping and moving them.

Finally, review your ammo, if it’s not the very same ammo in quantity enough to fill all the turrets, then you’ll have issues too.

1 Like

I bought a mouse with 6 buttons. One of those buttons acts as a double-click. When I noticed my clicks didn’t register I started using that button.
Problem solved.

1 Like

I noticed that un-grouping and grouping weapons can lead to later reload being incomplete, as one weapon can have 0 charge after reload - but you can’t see it until you ungroup them all (or alt F) and your group just won’t shoot and you can’t reload it.

With crystals, the whole lot stops firing if one of the crystals reaches zero because one has ungrouped and fired them separately. This is compounded by the fact that crystals in inventory do not display usage so if you unload the whole lot for use at a later date you end up with a whole bunch of crystals whose usage amount you can only see by putting them back in the turret. Often it is easier just to delete all the partly used crystals…which can be a bit expensive with stuff like Conflag !

1 Like

Lots of good replies. I’ve never had this happen to me. I think the “crystal” comments are spot on.

That’s nice.

Yeah you’re not paying attention.

Yeah this issue showed up after the expansion. Looks to have been quickly resolved for obvious reasons

This is not what was happening

[quote=“WhamyKablamy, post:7, topic:429318, full:true, username:WhamyKablamy”]

This has happened to me plenty of times, but only recently for some reason.

The things I have randomly happen are:

• Not all of the guns reload their ammo, so I’ll start firing and have to reload way sooner than I should have to.

• Not all of the guns fire, even though they are grouped, were reloaded as a group, and were never split and fired at any point. I’m suddenly getting a fraction of the damage I should have, as if only a single turret/launcher is firing… Sometimes just stopping and restarting fixes it, sometimes it requires ungrouping them all, reloading them all, and re-grouping.

• Sometimes I get the weirdest thing, where the last 5-10 shots of ammo are just “ghosts”. I press the button, nothing happens, the ammo counter ticks down one and the guns look like they’re ready to fire again. If I keep pressing the button, the ammo counter just keeps going down until it hits zero and then the guns reload. So it looks like I have 10 shots left, but really I have none, even though it was ticking down normally, they were reloaded normally, etc.

It happens on ships where the guns haven’t been individually fired as well, or have always been grouped.

I never experienced this until earlier this year, but I did install Eve onto my new laptop after I moved and got settled. So there was about a 5 month downtime between when I last played Eve to when I re-installed it. Literally within 2 days of install I started to have it happen fairly regularly. That’s the only thing that I know has changed in my setup, all of my ships were the same and I was using them in the same way.

I’ve had it happen on lasers, rails and missiles.

Thank you.

This could have been user error i mean all things can

Irrelevant comment. Also, i started in 2007.