Cronometer utility?

Is there a cronometer/ Stopwatch utility?
I would like to calculate time travel in game.
It could be a nice add…

1 Like

And an Aura-voice timed at choices 15min or 30min or 60. “Galactic Time: 5:45. Have a nice day, Captain.”

I’m never using the word ‘watch’ ever again.

How would the stopwatch handle tidi?

this doesn’t seem possible, due to the nature of the game.

1 Like

New Eden would age differently than deadspace or wormhole space right?

i think he meant time, traveling in game, meaning how long it takes to travel, not travel in time.

“hey ship siri set a timer for 15 minutes”

i am aware of this

An in-game web browser would be cool, too.

3 Likes

Well the game has a clock already, so looking at it and then looking at it again when you reach your destination will tell you how long it takes, but i assume he is trying to work out how long it takes to land from a specific spot in a specific system, but yeah thats going to take him grabbing his phone or a 3rd party website

1 Like

Create an empty channel and password protect it. Enable timestamps in chat if you have those turned off. When you begin journey submit a post. When you reach destination submit a post. You will see a seconds precision time of the two events and can calculate a seconds precision difference to see how long the journey took. :bulb:

Alternatively you can use the self-destruct feature and its countdown as a stopwatch. :wink:

4 Likes

Didn’t this happen one time with a Pilot sitting in their Titan and they forgot to cancel?

Don’t recall but sounds plausible. :slight_smile:

There was a Nyx vod though that wasn’t the one that I can vaguely recall. I think it was a Horde or Test pilot who was afk for a tick while sitting in a fleet line no combat could be seen and they apparently had forgotten to cancel self destruct as coms were also in this particular clip.

I recall reading about a titan pilot who had some girlfriend in-game who asked him to let her fly his titan as she never flown one before and it turns out it was a deliberate scam all the time and the titan became a grand theft titan. Not sure if true but I clearly remember reading that story somewhere (old forums, reddit or some article).

What a interesting idea with having a in-game GF and storing your Titan inside her Hanger.

/On another note, seen a vod where pilots play chicken Titan self destruct.

1 Like

Imagine how bad of a “divorce” it is if your gf takes your huge doomsday-device. :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

Yeah I heard about that, not necessarily with titans though but playing daredevil with self destruct sounds fun. Maybe I will make an in-game event with that concept as the core someday. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Now Eve can be as hearse as real life where the EX decides to cut off more than just “all contact”!

2 Likes

How can you see how much time you lost in the game?

1 Like