Delve, Goons and the MERs

Import/Export is a somewhat weird metric.

Imports are everything that goes into a region that never leaves. If you jump in a titan and lose it, that is an import.

This is how low the standard has dropped here.

Gtfo and dont come back till you have an argument worth reading.

2 Likes

Read the thread.

Do you really believe Goons have paid 227 trillion to non-Goons in the last 3 months to create that import stat? Makes no sense. Even Teckos recognizes that.

1 Like

No, that just shows you not understanding the MER.

If you actually understood what you are talking about, you would see it clearly.

Delve Imports in Nov = 266.7T
Delve Exports in Nov = 181.6T
Delve Net Import in Nov = 85T

Any imports/exports that are true industry will mostly have to travel through Aridia…

Aridia Imports in Nov = 80.2T
Aridia Exports in Nov = 79.6T

The inflated delve import/export numbers are mainly from SHIP MOVEMENTS.

IF you look at Querrious, you can see 200T of ship movment there as well… (Or do you think Goon Renters are making 200T in industry too?)

1 Like

Good Lord that is hilariously nuts. :grinning:

Although I’d modify it to say it hasn’t left in the month being measured. If you move your titan in in November, but move it out in December, then moving the titan in counts as an import, the second month as an export.

A ship that goes into Delve then back out, or out then back in, would result in neither net imports nor net exports.

But yes, if it counts anything crossing a regional boundary then it is in part ship movements. A ship crosses into Delve is blown up by Goons would count as a net import in that there was no export to offset it.

And of course destruction is actually kind of small relative to imports and exports–i.e. 1.5 trillion ISK for November.

A ship that goes into delve and out counts as both IMPORT AND EXPORT…

This is a fundamental issue with the MER and allows spying on SuperCapital fleet movements…

If this were not the case, Aridia would have 0.5T in import/export instead of 80T/80T…

Doesnt matter in the Delve case.

Its abundantly clear whatever ships are transiting back and forth from there, are laden with a great deal of value on the return trip, to the rate of 227trillion over 3 months, and they sure as hell arent non-Goons to any significant measure.

Unless you are proposing that Goons are moving Titans back and forth across their borders for some inexplicable reason.

Yes,

X - X = 0.

So net imports (or net exports) is zero in that case. Note the figure in the OP is net imports. So it can’t be ships moving in and out.

Even that would not work.

A titan worth 100 million ISK moving back and forth would create zero net imports or exports.

A titan moving into Delve would result in 100 million in imports, as it moves back out it creates 100 million in exports. Exports are -imports, therefore the net imports/exports are zero.

Destruction amounts to 1.5 trillion ISK in Delve for November. Assuming similar numbers for September and October it is 4.5 trillion ISK in destruction.

Edit:

This is the effect of a 100 million titan moving back and forth

1 Like

Aridia is not the only route into Delve and is probably their least favored route. I believe they have established a longer but safer bypass through Syndicate and Fountain with the help of The Initiative and others. There are also wormholes, and I cannot say much for a more southernly route.

I really do hope the Goons build the Palatine Keepstar, that would be a damn impressive thing to see and die on…

PS I have blown up the emergency cyno Nersus on the Keepstar of the main Goon staging once as one of a gang of thrashers, so doing that on the Palantine would be a one up on that, one has to have goals in this game…

3 Likes

Yeah, I suppose if someone was really interested, they could compare MERs to track where the Goon imports are being sourced from, and maybe even how much isk they’ve paid out to non-Goons.

227 trillion in 3 months should leave some fingerprints/paper-trail.

I doubt much moves through WHs. Id be interested to know how much of that import figure comprises T3 mats/products, as Id expect those are something Goons would just flat out buy off markets rather than source themselves.

Baltec1 was very motivated to get T3Cs nerfed so as to encourage T2C doctrines.
Tbh, I always figured it was a ploy to get more use out of moon goo, rather than the stats of either class.

Make me!

There was a number of angles to his view on T3C’s, some you could agree with and some you could not. Without changing the direction of this thread, he wanted to see more use of the Force Recons which were overshadowed by T3C’s in the hunting role and he was right, because of their (T3C’s) ability to nullify and cloak and have a much better tank. However a lot of solo and small group players rely on the T3C as a scout for their BR and their gameplay would be screwed if we had gone down that route, he was calling for either or on the nullified and covert cloak. CCP actually did the right thing on the T3C in terms of making it align like a slow dog so if someone is good and you have not fitted it properly then they have a chance of catching it, which covered his argument of being almost impossible to catch and they reduced the tank by a third.

In terms of using them as main line fleet ship, they are nowhere near as good now tank wise which is a good thing and we see more BS fleets Yay, but they are still viable in a number of situations. If people wanted to take the war to the war dec entities in hisec for example they would find it a lot easier…

In terms of the import from hisec etc., a lot of Goon players would have indy setups in hisec still. I have been told that the Goon market is very very good, but I do not want to reactivate my Miniluv account at this point to look.

I think your Palantine Keepstar comment is what they are in fact up to as well as make the biggest Titan and Super fleet which they have already done, what they want to do is have staging Keepstars with a full set of combat Titans and Supers which can be jump cloned too and they can then dominate the game like that. Quite frankly no one can stop this development at the moment. At some point they will end up with offensive Keepstars in every region, then game over, unless you play around that, then they will remove every other groups Keepstars one by one. That is the future of Eve, and yes they will win Eve and good luck to them for doing it if they do…

But I hope that CCP then go down the route of hidden or cloaked structures… anyway if CCP does nerf the Rorqual again they only screw those trying to keep up with the Goons, go to Reddit and look at the post on Titans and Supers

https://www.reddit.com/r/Eve/comments/7naqvz/supers_active_in_last_3_months_according_to_zkill/

Silly…

1 Like

Its almost scary how much we think alike.

1 Like

Yeah, hence certain people adding two and two together and making twenty two. Anyway I wish you and your loved ones a very happy new year, I can say that it has been a pleasure discussing Eve with you.

1 Like

To you and your loved ones too!

Only drawback, is that since we so often agree/understand each other, there is little left for debate :smiley:

1 Like

Returning to topic:

Why arent other orgs exploiting their space as efficiently?

Is it due to lack of leadership motivating/organising everyone to contribute towards the same goal?

In my recent military training, I was given command of 10 NCOs/Officers in practice to erect a signals mast. Our squad managed it a full 20mins before the other 2 squads, in a task that should take 30mins at max when proficient, on our first attempt at this excercise ever, after being shown how to do it once. The key was both my leadership, but also the motivation and professionalism of my squads members. I couldnt have done it without them, and they couldnt have done it without me. I even made a critical mistake, that one of my squad members corrected me on before it caused complications. We all did it, together.

A unit that works together, is a happy unit. A unit that uses everyone’s strengths to the benefit of the whole, is an efficient unit. We had a giant on the hand-crank, and subbed him out when his arms got tired. All 4 subdivisons of the squad gave me regular reports, helping me coordinate the effort. Remaining two where smart guys that helped me watch none of the ropes got tangled.

Success also breeds success. If I had run the same practice with these guys a second time, I’m sure we could have shaved at least another 10mins off our completion. 5mins from the practice, and 5mins cos everyone knows their place in the effort.

Is Goon leadership really that good, and their members so committed/proficient, that that is why they are so efficiently using everything they have available and thus growing from strength to strength?

Could it really be that “simple” a difference to other orgs?

3 Likes

I will give it a go, the first part of the answer is that the guy who is in charge of the financial /economic side of the Goons is just brilliant, I read an interview that he did on the INN and he is very very good. The Goons are also pretty well motivated on this vision.

You can see that Test did a pretty damn good effort themselves, they started from a lower base and with less assets and resources. It is that Goons are just so far ahead of them, but their efforts have been amazing.

You have to be careful when assessing the Goons or even Test and comparing them to NC / PL. The most important part is that their PvE and production side of things are in other alliances, there are only their combat toons in NC / PL, so you cannot do a direct comparison. That being said the NC / PL players are less motivated as a group to do this, because many of the players are ping players, they only log in for fights, so doing a mass push on this is difficult. The most important thing to note is that the NC / PL production is pretty distributed, I would suggest that they have a lot of producers sitting in DRF space as renters.

2 Likes

I agree with your assessment.

It will be very interesting to see how this unfolds.

Will the consolidated/core Goon model win out, or the de-centralized/populous NC/PL model.

I suppose it could be boiled down to quality vs quantity, respectively.
That is an age old dilemma.