Delve, Goons and the MERs

I would bet my money on the Goons this time, the Citadels are the game changer.

There is no room for complaints nor need for excuses for what the, ‘grrr goons’ are doing. They play the game under the same rules everyone else does and if they are successful, ‘grrr good’ for them.

We can all do what they are doing just by organizing like they do but we choose not to and that is on us and not on them.

In short, Teckos Pech you dont need to try and justify your alliances success or defend it, it is what it is because that is the way EVE is designed.

For those that dont like what the goons have done, either get organized and grow as goons did, quit whining if you choose not to or just quit playing EVE because its core design apparently doesn’t suit your nature.

Single word answer: Yes.
Answer with context: Yes, but that is what happens when Eve is a business for goon leadership, but a game for most other organizations in the game.

1 Like

And you know what? People have quite the game, in droves, because they realize that it impossible to win against the monolith that is goons, who have had years of lobbying CCP to their advantage, building an insurmountable advantage. And before you state “but but…goons got evicted 2 years ago”…un no. The goons simply left. They did not commit any supercaps to fights. The vast chunk of goon machinery was left intact.

1 Like

Yet Goons have been ejected from their space twice. The same could have been said at a certain time about the old Northern Coalition as well. Some were making the same nonsensical statements about the Drone Region Federation.

Nope, we lost our space. Yes, strategically we relocated to LS nearby to wage the war vs. keeping assets in stations and outposts that could be deadzoned, but basically we lost. Yeah we did not commit supers to any fights as PL and the rest were itching for a rematch of B-R and nobody wanted to spring that trap. As for the machinery…you mean everything that was lost up north other than the super cap fleet? All the POS, moon mining operations, outposts that were built, jump bridge networks, etc. Yeah nothing was lost at all. :roll_eyes:

How does one lobby in this mysterious way?

And if the Goons hadnt done it, wouldnt someone else have? (“Won” the game, that is)

Nobodies perfect.

Goons are infamous for meta-gaming and subversion.
I think its naive to think they dont attempt to influence CCP at every opportunity.
How much success they’ve had at that, is open for discussion, but that they do try that, I think has an obvious answer.

Goons “get” EVE. They game the game itself, as well as gaming within it. Same is true of Goon colonies in other MMOs. They’ve gotten very good at it.

I dont think anyone else is uniquely positioned to “win EVE” in the way Goons are. Sure, if Goons didnt exist, someone else would eventually “win EVE”, but not in the way Goons probably will.

If anything, those two evictions and Goon persistence even therafter as a major power, are proof of that. They get knocked over, but dust themselves off, adapt, and come back the wiser.

Two such huge evictions would have collapsed most other orgs in EVE, especially due to resulting internal fracturing. Goons, however, stayed coherent and didnt miss a beat getting back up.

I meant that if the Goons werent the ones to be in whatever fantasy Dinsdale lives in, it would just be a different group.

What Ive never grasped is how theyve managed to keep so many people focused for so long. But then I wonder that about all the other large entities.

Ill never know because Im persona non gratis but if anyone finds out Ill be fascinated.

As for lobbying… Well I guess Dinsdale is just sore he cant be bothered or sucks at it.

His RMT theory is complete garbage but hey no telling him that.

1 Like

Yeah, I understand. But Goons is such a unique org in so many ways, that had they not existed in EVE, I dont think anyone else would have “filled their boots”.

I think that goes to my points on leadership, esprit de corps/corp culture, and individually motivated/capable players. Despite their outside reputation, Goons are very helpful towards each other, and reward their members well. They take care of their own.

Once you become a true Goon, you are a Goon for life.
You will never want for anything and be rewarded for the loyalty and support you provide.

We are talking about the org that toppled BoB, overnight, with barely a shot fired.

This is EVE we are talking about. Conspiracies are real. They exist.
Goon so called Central Command has never been directly implicated, but there has been some evidence they have had their fingers in various RMT pies, though always through proxies, expendable projects and plausible deniability.

1 Like

His theory involves having CCP running at a loss to fill “their” (ie presumably somecsone group within thems) pockets and kill the game in the process. I should imagibe if they were capable of forcing a company to ruin itself for theur profit they could do better than a video game.

I dont think his theory involves Goons killing EVE/CCP, as a goal.
Just Goons always pursuing their own advantage, by all means available.
Sometimes, by testing/bending the envelope on unclear CCP policies/ EVE mechanics.

Goons dont want EVE/CCP to die.
They are having too much fun playing it, and too much invested in it, for that.

CCP staff are people just like the rest of us.
You dont have to “force” someone, to influence them.
Best form of subversion, is when you can convince someone it was their own idea.

2 Likes

That doesnt really fit with the picture he paints.

Still; coherent chains of events are not his thing.

Ive read his stuff differently than you, it seems.

Conspiracies/illegality/corruption has a vested interest in covering its tracks, for and by all parties involved.

Detecting it is more a matter of connecting dots than coherent chains of events.
Only incompetent conspirators/criminals would leave so obvious a paper-trail.

Dinsdale, after these years, comes off as incoherent sometimes to the incidental reader, because he no longer explains all the dots he has connected over the years, with whatever degree of validity he had, as it would mean a 100k word post every time he posts on it, nor would many contemporary readers understand the context.

2 Likes

Yeah, nice try.

2 Likes

Whatever. Think what you want.
If you get somekind of kick out of poo-pooing Dinsdale, go ahead.

Conspiracy theorists are useful. Usually they are wrong, but sometimes they are right, or do infact drudge up plausible evidence, even if they then draw the wrong conclusions from it.

Dinsdale’s meta is conspiracy hunting. So be it, and more power to him.

Only a fool or a shill would deny that conspiracies are a day-to-day occurrence in EVE.

1 Like

You keep trying there Salvos. If you think you are getting a rise out of me this early in the morning you really need to up your game.

You can agree with his complete gibberish if you like but its pure fantasy.

1 Like

I’m not one of your girl-friends.

When I say “Whatever. Think what you want”, I mean it directly as its written without somekind of passive-aggressive bitchy angle.

Its clear you’ve made up your mind, and I dont care enough to change it for you.

I think Dinsdale is useful.
You think hes a complete whack-job.

PS: Christ, we argue like a married couple…

2 Likes

Yeah and pigs fly. Oh look, here’s one of your bitchy angles you dont use;

No I think he’s a one-note troll.

Everyone who plays this game is a whack-job.

Feels like you are angry at me for not leaving any coffee for you this morning :confused:
Guess Ill have to get you some flowers tonight to make up for it…

1 Like