Monthly Economic Report - November 2019

Greetings,

The Monthly Economic Report for November 2019 is now available for everyone!

You can download all the raw data used in the report by following this link .

Have a good day!

6 Likes

The download link is missing from the devblog :slight_smile:

1 Like

The page just needs to be refreshed. I added it immediately after publication :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Also you guys post a garph twice and missed the npc bounty column graph.

2 Likes

Most of that doesn’t make comfortable reading for the game as a whole.

I’m no expert at reading these, but…damn.

1 Like

So all I got was “money used to be fast, now it is slow” or something. Oh and, goons overfarm delve, that’s almost a new one.

If goons wouldn’t drop 4 trillion titans on a frigate, maybe some would be inclined to go there and harass ratters but its goons, so no.

Also goons are bad for EVE.

2 Likes

Once again CCP delivers.
Thank you for the information.
Keep up the good work!
o7

5 Likes

sigh another month of over farming. Inflation only kept barely in check by the vague isk delta.

3 Likes

Yes, how dare we actually take steps to secure our space.

3 Likes

Wow destruction is low in region I hang out, I need to get out and lose some ships :crazy_face:

1 Like

This. You can’t blame a group for using mechanics allowed to them to be successful in the game. That said, the mechanics we’re arguably not intended to allow 1000 titans to be dropped on something, so for all intents and purposes what is going on right now is a broken game.

The big groups are very well organized and have wealth\resources at a level that no one will catch up nor will any of them risk losing. The closest solution to this thus far was the Blackout, but the backlash was so hard from afk crabbers that CCP feared for their revenue stream.

Until CCP decides that they actually are willing to stand up against the status quo in game this will just keep getting worse month by month.

2 Likes

Said it a 1000 times over the years.

When they added caps without expanding space all they did was point all that new shipping inward to space that was designed to work precap.

They should have expanded space so that big alliances could move outward into new more interesting areas.

Same with the Trigs, dumping that content in existing space was plain dumb.

But hey, space is “empty” /facepalm

5 Likes

I don’t think expanding space would do much. There is already too much space and low sec is a great example of space that has limitations on more “end game” like mechanics, and it’s mostly dead with some occasional back alley muggings.

The reason empires rise and fall is because of the bureaucracy and corruption that builds up over time. Eve has little to no capability of this happening. A single person can control most things with an iron fist within an alliance. The alliance system built to allow overthrowing is easily nullified with an alt corps to keep voting in your favor. A space station can have an infinite number of massive ships stored within it. etc etc.

However, this is going a bit off topic of course. We all agree changes need to be made.

2 Likes

^ Example of the myth.

2 Likes

the thing I interpret from these graphs is:

Eve without GoonSwarm Federation is game over. However much you hate them. Also why don’t you go there harass the ratters?

3 Likes

Thanks for the monthly report. Are we no longer doing the monthly security updates along side the MER?

2 Likes

If they’d done that, and we’d moved into ‘more interesting’ areas, people would be complaining about how the ‘big blocs are holding all the good space and making things stagnate’. :man_shrugging:

They need to fix the way the mechanics work, but just slapping new space out there and kicking the can down the road isn’t gonna help. Break supers. Break them and make them temporarily completely useless until they can figure out a proper role for them.

2 Likes

I disagree. Most of NS is pretty empty. The problem is the mechanics available to develope an area are virtually unlimited and directly tied to not moving out so we have this rather backwards mechanics where rats endlessly feed ratters without effective counters or real risk to those ratters and the more miners mine the more that’s available. Add to that, easy to build and low cost capitals have no maintenance cost that encourages hording and asset safety mechanics and it’s not hard to imagine how we got here. Big alliances don’t have to move–the game discourages it.

2 Likes

At least that graph still looks somewhat good. Destruction is still at or above mined levels which is good.

1 Like

As long as they didn’t update the ly limitations on jumping new space would have that effect.

1 Like