Monthly Economic Report - July 2018

The Monthly Economic Report for July 2018 is now ready!

The raw data, including the killmail dump, can be found here (26.0 MB)

For deeper understanding of the indices used in the report, please have a look at the following explanations.

Mineral Price Index (MPI)

The Mineral Price Index (MPI) shows the price changes in all eight minerals used to produce ships and other items in EVE. The weight of each mineral in the index changes each month is based on the relative trade values of the previous month.

Primary Producer Price Index (PPPI)

The Primary Producer Price Index consists of manufacturing items used for the production of other manufacturing items at the secondary stage. Manufacturing items used for the production of final consumer goods are excluded. The index includes such item groups as ore, moon materials, planetary commodities, sleeper relics, and items used in invention.

Secondary Producer Price Index (SPPI)

The Secondary Producer Price Index contains production materials and other production items that are used in the manufacturing of consumer goods, i.e. goods included in the Consumer Price Index.

Consumer Price Index (CPI)

The Consumer Price Index measures the overall price changes of consumer products. This is not limited to consumables such as fuel, ammunition or PLEX, but also includes assets such as ships, modules, implants and starbase structures. In summary, anything that is not primarily used to produce other goods is included in the index, which contains over 4000 individual items.

7 Likes

What happened to Delve? Mining amount and Bounties nearly halfed compared to all the previous months.

Also, Lowsec still 0.6% overall Bounties. CCPls can you stop posting for Lowsec, it’s not that anything would ever change here.

They went to war that’s what happened

3 Likes

If that is really the reason, they totally lost the ISK-war.

Wormholes don’t even get a mention in economic reports?

#WormholerLivesMatter

3 Likes

Both sides have high production and isk generating goons have the 1 region their opponents have it split over a multitude of renting regions.Unfortunately the servers can’t support the true scale of the fights if it could it’d be interesting to see who stockpiled more titans because at this point that’s what it is.Goons may have mined alot but did they knowingly or not sell those supers to their current enemies?NCPL had the isk from renters to buy using 3rd party methods.We’ll see

What are Net Imports?

I had assumed The Forge/Jita would see a lot of import and export due to the trading. Yet it’s Everyshore, a high-sec Gallente region, which stands out with a huge Net Import. :thinking:

1 Like

Maybe someone is working on building a Palpatine Deathstar near Everyshore. :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

6 Likes

Still as disgusting as always. So disgusting even that CCP stopped posting the bar diagrams for bounties/production/mining because even they don’t want to look at this disgusting crap.

3 Likes

Rorqual spamming in Delve equals…

DTUs

PS. This is based on a previous Economic Report so the numbers may be off but the point still stands.

9 Likes

For the last 2 years Goons pretty much always had upwards of 10T/month in Mining alone (Delve only, Querious/Fountain excluded). Normally 14/15 Tril if I recall correctly. NCPL probably have very old stockpiles, but in the long run they couldn’t out-produce Goons in the current state of the game.

My point was, that the MER shows a significantly lower Mining amount and NPC bounties for July. Whatever they did, they lost around 15 Trillion simply by not bearing enough. And no, they didn’t destroy stuff worth 15 Tril in July.

I’m not sure, but I’d assume that Goons are totally okay with arming their enemies, because it’s good for the economy. Whatever is good for the consumption of goods in EVE, is good for Goons. The large Titan fleets more or less come down to numbers of pilots. It looks like Goons and friends pretty much put everyone into Titans and that is their advantage. It could be used against them though only for a tactical advantage.

Strategically they can only be beaten by really going after their ability to replenish and that means invasion of Delve or gtfo.

You’ll see that in the Summary of Key Economic figures, a region either has Net Import or Net Export. Exports/Imports are the sum of all items/ships/anything (their estimated ISK value) moving out of the region or into the region by using gates or jumpdrives. Not Wormholes though. Net is the net sum of that. So, basically (-2) + 2 = 0. (-50) + 50 = 0. (-7) + 3 = (-4) etc.

If you look at the Export/Import sheet for regions, you’ll see that The Forge has the largest for both, but almost as much leaves the region as does enter. In Everyshore you had a lot more Imports, meaing stuff either stayed there, was destroyed there or several Trillions went into the Wormhole.

3 Likes

I think it’s even worse in June. But it doesn’t matter if the numbers fluctuate a bit month to month. This has been going on for well over a year. Delve has been pumping out trillions in mining/bounties/production since engineering complexes were introduced.

I hadn’t notice that. Thanks very much. I mistook the missing numbers as simply being very small numbers.

1 Like

Edit… Even Luminaire is not there.
No real hub in Everyshore, everyone goes shopping in Dodixie. In fact a very peacaful place :slight_smile:

Source: https://www.adam4eve.eu/mer_region_stats.php?regionID=10000060

2 Likes

blue loot shows up in the commodities breakdown. But in general they keep WH info pretty minimal.

It is due to the war. Goons have been cloaky camping the North for awhile now so the North is now starting to do the same to Delve. Additionally, for at least one week last month and all of the current month so far, Goons pulled all of their supers even shield to the North to fight and have instituted a die quietly policy for rorqs and supers. The ones that remain use mining drones instead of excavs when hostiles are in system and die whenever enemies have the numbers to drop on them. Check out zkill super and rorq deaths and you will see most are in Delve recently due to no save fleets and war deployment.

1 Like

I’ve just moved there :wink:

1 Like

Which proves that Goons aren’t omnipotent. Even with all the mining and ratting and building, Their supercapital umbrella that makes all that ‘krabbing’ possible can’t be in two places at once.

1 Like

All the Goonswarm bots are in combat ships instead of mining ships.