Monthly Economic Report - July 2017

EVE Online is famous for its fully player driven economy. To supply you with relevant information, we publish monthly economic reports. The Monthly Economic Report for July 2017 is ready!

Check out the Monthly Economic Report for July 2017.
The raw data, including the killmail dump, can be found here (24 MB).

You can also review previous reports here.

For deeper understanding of the indices used in the report, please have a look at the following explanations.

Mineral Price Index (MPI)
The Mineral Price Index (MPI) shows the price changes in all eight minerals used to produce ships and other items in EVE. The weight of each mineral in the index changes each month is based on the relative trade values of the previous month.

Primary Producer Price Index (PPPI)
The Primary Producer Price Index consists of manufacturing items used for the production of other manufacturing items at the secondary stage. Manufacturing items used for the production of final consumer goods are excluded. The index includes such item groups as ore, moon materials, planetary commodities, sleeper relics, and items used in invention.

Secondary Producer Price Index (SPPI)
The Secondary Producer Price Index contains production materials and other production items that are used in the manufacturing of consumer goods, i.e. goods included in the Consumer Price Index.

Consumer Price Index (CPI)
The Consumer Price Index measures the overall price changes of consumer products. This is not limited to consumables such as fuel, ammunition or PLEX, but also includes assets such as ships, modules, implants and starbase structures. In summary, anything that is not primarily used to produce other goods is included in the index, which contains over 4000 individual items.

3 Likes

Thanks again for this wonderful data.

The big guys casually circumvented the Rorqual nerfs by adding more Rorqual alts. Who would have thunk it?

I bet the next balancing step is to nerf mining barge yield.

1 Like

I’d actually be interested in turret mining vs drone mining. I’m almost positive that it’d be overwhelmingly drone mining, but there’s a little seed of doubt in my mind.

1 Like

Ahm … I am not sure but wasn’t the last patch with the cooldown timers on Collosal, Enormous, and so on belts meant to reduce mining yield … I don’t know CCP’s definition of “reducing”, but Deklein is up by 200B, Delve up by 2T, Immensea up by 100B, Kalevala Expanse up by 200B, Perrigan Falls up by 100B … Something missed the mark. (Yes, I know that more people get into Rorqs, but these increases are ridiculous.)

And NPC bounties are up as well across the board.

The change to anomalies wasn’t really to reduce yield – it was to spread miners out. Prior to the change, at least in Delve, 10%+ of the total throughput of the entire region was occurring in a single solar system. Based on the wording of the quote, it may have been more than one solar system pulling 10%+.

Is there anywhere we can get an archive of all prior econ reports, namely the .csv data?

@Calvin While we don’t have an archive containing all the previous MERs, we have an overview of the reports going back to February 2016. Have a look here.

Aah, awesome, thanks! That’ll help!