Monthly Economic Report - June 2017

The player driven economy of EVE Online is unique, and incredibly huge!

Industrialists, traders, speculators, and just any interested pilots can enjoy these reports.

Check out the Monthly Economic Report for June 2017.
The raw data, including the killmail dump, can be found here (24 MB).

You can also review previous reports here.

For deeper understanding of the indices used in the report, please have a look at the following explanations.

Mineral Price Index (MPI)
The Mineral Price Index (MPI) shows the price changes in all eight minerals used to produce ships and other items in EVE. The weight of each mineral in the index changes each month is based on the relative trade values of the previous month.

Primary Producer Price Index (PPPI)
The Primary Producer Price Index consists of manufacturing items used for the production of other manufacturing items at the secondary stage. Manufacturing items used for the production of final consumer goods are excluded. The index includes such item groups as ore, moon materials, planetary commodities, sleeper relics, and items used in invention.

Secondary Producer Price Index (SPPI)
The Secondary Producer Price Index contains production materials and other production items that are used in the manufacturing of consumer goods, i.e. goods included in the Consumer Price Index.

Consumer Price Index (CPI)
The Consumer Price Index measures the overall price changes of consumer products. This is not limited to consumables such as fuel, ammunition or PLEX, but also includes assets such as ships, modules, implants and starbase structures. In summary, anything that is not primarily used to produce other goods is included in the index, which contains over 4000 individual items.

4 Likes

Don’t want to spoil.
But it looks like that huge PVP nerf for the fighters did not affect ratting much - but this was expected as in game mechanic don’t work this way.

Consider reversing the fighter changes, including the signature changes.

In order to tune down the isk flow someone need to work on the 12 year old PVE mechanics and this game needs a lot more ISK sinks.

For me there is simple fix for all your “ratting issues” create spawn delay after hitting triggers creating minimum time needed for site to be completed.
To be exact: if you kill one wave you need to wait random amount of time for next to spawn.

You need to also work on making smart bomb ratting less attractive.
I guess it is not showing in your metrics - but actually it is one of the best way you can make is outclassing super ratting.

Whatever you do - don’t do something bad, like introducing respawn timers like you did to last ore anomalies - this game should incentivize people to login and play the game and not to logout.

Man this forum look bad.

4 Likes

http://cdn1.eveonline.com/community/MER/Jun_2017/9aaa_top.sinks.faucets.over.time.png Are you kidding? Bounty Prizes are down by 6T ISK total and almost back to February levels.

Timers for wave spawns hurt sub-cap ratters more than capital ratters.

I doubt that CCP has any incentive to discourage smartbomb ratting simply because it makes CCP a lot more money than super ratting as you need 3+ characters to do it properly.

3 Likes

Check online numbers vs then and after CCP annoyed so many customers.

1 Like

Saw that already on eve-offline.com. We are almost back down to the 2016 numbers. Now, however, with customers that don’t pay subscription. A huge success.

I would be interested to see where blue loot from sleeper sites ranks in the list of isk faucets. It was Nerfed pretty damn hard last year since people were making billions per week doing it, now seeing that ONE region alone racked up approx 2 TRILLION per week (on average) doing npc combat sites, maybe a small wormhole space buff is in order. Please??!!

1 Like

The answer is somewhat hidden in the report :slight_smile: About 52.5% of the 20,919B is blue loot

Ok, so blue loot is approx 1/6th the amount of a faucet that npc bounties (~11t VS ~56T)… Interesting

Oh noes Lowsec, we lost 0.1%

*edit due to fatfingers

March June
![image](upload://qZBhMRNg6ayfBFoyjbUGRYfJ8ky.png) ![image](upload://9ZDvwx8y8FvPhh7YPPuj7mvSyZF.png)

as I just looked looooong at your graph …

can you please say how

Alliance and Corporation Registration be an isk faucet ? … as far as I know - I have to pay towards concord for making a new corp - or making a new alliance - and in case of the alliance even monthly recurring

I don’t really think it’s a big deal how fast a capital/supercapital ship can clear a site, because the mechanics of those ships make it very difficult to multibox, and therefore, very difficult to actually scale that income horizontally. One thing that should happen rather than a spawn delay, is that more difficult rats should appear in response to a capital or larger ship, which take considerably more time but offer better rewards in the form of item drops and salvage, so that site times stay roughly the same, the income is higher without need of a faucet, and a credible element of danger exists when running anomalies regardless of what ship you are flying. Maybe the rats should even deploy mobile cyno jammers randomly on occasion?

1 Like

Its unfortunate, CPP have a lot of troubles on accept this type of good feedback this days, also remember… 260 mill ticks are the problem :joy:

So is the nearly 20T worth of personal ISK drop over the last month part of Ghost Training?

The reason is more simple: Summer (in the northern hemisphere)

Refunds for partial periods if I recall correctly.

1 Like

Where are “Total NPC bounties by region” MCR 2017 May? I want to check Delve.

You can find them here: http://cdn1.eveonline.com/community/MER/May_2017/3_npc.bounties.by.region.png

1 Like

We need new war.

EVE is really, really sick right now. ISK faucets need a serious balance pass. NullSec ratting is a huge faucet ATM and there is no accompanying ISK sink for it. This wasn’t so bad in the past (even though NullSeccers always whined about incursions and level 4 missions, which have always just been a small drop in the bucket) but now CCP has completely destroyed warfare in NullSec. Nothing left for anyone to do except ISK it up. Even if Aegis SOV/Citadels were fixed, why would anyone take space? What incentive is there?

NullSec is overdue for a serious shake up if EVE wants to last another 2 years.

Horizontally scaled PvE is a major problem (e.g. 60 rorquals multiboxed same belt). But there are other problems. When you can cramp hundreds of PvE supers inside one region, and approximate their null PvE risk to zero because you have the largest supercap umbrella in this game, and make %15 of Eve’s total bounty pool, that becomes a problem. Even when these are real people behind the ships. Why?

1. Null PvE risk should never be (approximately) zero no matter how good and organized the PvE entity is. That is against the risk/reward spirit this game keeps advertising everywhere.
  2. PvE is key to provide content. If the vast majority of it is done under uncontestable supercap umbrellas, that kills the content side of PvE.
  3. The situation motivates everyone to flock under the superpowers of Eve, and not try something new or be a part of something growing. This gives too much first penetration advantage to entities that are already established. This yields a stale political situation and makes the game less interesting.
  4. Overall we see a problematic socioeconomical pattern in Eve that repeats what’s going on in real world. The more money and resources you have, the easier and faster it gets for you to make money, or produce resources. Wealth is exponentially accumulated in the hands of the few. PLEX prices increase. New players find it harder to afford demanded stuff (PLEX or blue modules etc). Meanwhile, mineral/ship prices decrease due to Rorquals but that also means new player mining is more meaningless. The best you can do is join a nullsuperpower, and begin grinding your PvE supercapital (the account and the ship) and see how money makes more money.

The situation is unsustainable. How to solve it?

So you either need to reintroduce scarcity in Eve (e.g. a meaningful top limit on how many PvE capitals you can feed off a system), or introduce more risk factors that can counter the supercap umbrella (e.g. a better cyno inhibition mechanics for the attackers), or a combination of both.

1 Like