Monthly Economic Report - October 2017

The Monthly Economic Report for October 2017 is now ready!

The raw data, including the killmail dump, can be found here (29 MB).
You can review previous reports here.

For deeper understanding of the indices used in the report, please have a look at the following explanations.

Mineral Price Index (MPI)
The Mineral Price Index (MPI) shows the price changes in all eight minerals used to produce ships and other items in EVE. The weight of each mineral in the index changes each month is based on the relative trade values of the previous month.

Primary Producer Price Index (PPPI)
The Primary Producer Price Index consists of manufacturing items used for the production of other manufacturing items at the secondary stage. Manufacturing items used for the production of final consumer goods are excluded. The index includes such item groups as ore, moon materials, planetary commodities, sleeper relics, and items used in invention.

Secondary Producer Price Index (SPPI)
The Secondary Producer Price Index contains production materials and other production items that are used in the manufacturing of consumer goods, i.e. goods included in the Consumer Price Index.

Consumer Price Index (CPI)
The Consumer Price Index measures the overall price changes of consumer products. This is not limited to consumables such as fuel, ammunition or PLEX, but also includes assets such as ships, modules, implants and starbase structures. In summary, anything that is not primarily used to produce other goods is included in the index, which contains over 4000 individual items.

6 Likes

#justdelvethings

6 Likes

Also a nice nail in the coffin that incursions need nerfing, or that high sec income sources in general need nerfing. Or that high sec needs a boost in PVP when you look at null sec and see dead regions everywhere you look.

5 Likes

Maybe they’re dead because nobody needs nullsec because they can get enough isk to plex and pay for toys using incursion money? There’s no necessary logical progression in what you wrote. If we completely removed highsec incursions maybe more people would chose to live and prosper in nullsec.

From my perspective this data dump shows that even given the opportunity of a relatively peaceful galaxy, very few groups actually want to avail of the money making opportunities of nullsec in an organised bloc level way. Outside of ourselves and a section of GotG, everyone else is either stuck in a 5 year time warp or more likely entirely absent.

As a feature request, can we get a better breakdown of isk generation in wormhole space? Everyone looks at these graphs and calls out Delve’s (admittedly great) ratting and mining figures, but everything that comes out of wormholes is (almost) completely opaque. Considering c5s and c6s are essentially controllled by a single entity I’d like to see some light shed there.

2 Likes

Agreed. A good way to help this distinction would be to make a graph for the Commodity (NPC Market) section of the sinks and faucets graph. This particular bar is the key to understanding the economic output of wormhole space (assuming that mining and exploration are statistically meaningless), but we can’t differentiate between wormhole blue loot and (e.g.) Overseer’s Personal Effects.

2 Likes

Falcon posting these now? Was Quant fired too?

5 Likes

The logic is based on the steady or declining income generated by Incursions. Considering how minuscule the incursion income is and that it’s declining, your counter argument holds no merit.
You can already prosper way beyond incursion income in Null sec, For instance, if you want to PLEX your account, you rat in null sec for a week leisurely (1-2 hours per day, at your own pace, not depending on anyone else) and you have earned the current 1.5B ISK for the PLEX. Have fun with this in an incursion. If you removed high sec incursions, incursion income would drop to near 0 because incursions in Null sec are not attractive as farmable income source since they need to be removed quickly for logistics purposes and require fleets and organization to generate any income at all.

Or simply not interested in forming the kind of group size that you or GOTG formed, which stifles content instead of enabling it. Except for some ganks, everything else in those areas will get suppressed by supers.

4 Likes

Blue loot and Overseer’s have been broken out in the “Faucet Breakdown” graph.

Blue Loot = 59.5% of Commodities
Overseer’s = 35.3% of Commodities

2 Likes

Don’t troll.

You can see from the history of these, that the discussion threads have been started by CCP Phantom, and the Dev Blogs are released by CCP Quant, who’s still very much with us.

5 Likes

12 Likes

Really not much to see here.
Goons generated more mining than the rest of entire game.
Goons generated more bounties than the entirety of high sec.

Until CCP recognizes how fundamentally they have screwed up the high sec / null sec wealth creation potential, the paid subscription base will continue to drop, and CCP revenue will continue to drop. Not that I hold any hope out after watching years of the opposite.

10 Likes

You do know that a lot of incursion runners are alts of nullsec players?
People havings alts in highsec so that they can make ISK independent of wars and drama in null is very common.

2 Likes

I think something is going on in Delve guys.

5 Likes

Yes, and this supports my point. If it’s easier to make equivalent money in highsec then this is somewhat of an issue.

1 Like

I think you missed That Delve is the top dog in terms of mining and bounties and that incursions are generally flat for years.

4 Likes

The lesson from this month’s MER is that CCP has given up on pretending to be impartial. They are finally embracing that they decided long ago who they want to “win” EVE.

7 Likes

Which is why ore anomalies only spawn in our space and if anyone else tries to fly a rorqual it explodes. There is nothing stopping other people from mining like we do, there’s plenty of space, plenty of people with the skills to do it, there’s no need for conspiracy theories to explain laziness.

4 Likes

mind elaborating on that, I’m not really sure what you are trying to say. As far as I can tell there are very good wealth generation opportunities in all areas of space.

1 Like

You hit the nail square on the head. If only more people were as intelligent as you seem to be and would stop hitting the dead horse of How Terrible Incursions Are.

3 Likes

Could we get some of those sexy peak maps (at the end) as an option, replacement, or even better, stackable with, the heat maps we currently have on the in game map? It’s a nice data visualization and would actually be useful to have for the data we get displayed in game about kills, jumps, active pilots in past 30 mins, etc.

Would also love to see a visualization in that peak format for where players spend their time logged in (or logged off). A where Eve lives so to speak.

2 Likes