Monthly Economic Report - November 2017

The Monthly Economic Report for November 2017 is now ready!

The raw data, including the killmail dump, can be found here (28.2 MB).
You can review previous reports here.

For deeper understanding of the indices used in the report, please have a look at the following explanations.

Mineral Price Index (MPI)
The Mineral Price Index (MPI) shows the price changes in all eight minerals used to produce ships and other items in EVE. The weight of each mineral in the index changes each month is based on the relative trade values of the previous month.

Primary Producer Price Index (PPPI)
The Primary Producer Price Index consists of manufacturing items used for the production of other manufacturing items at the secondary stage. Manufacturing items used for the production of final consumer goods are excluded. The index includes such item groups as ore, moon materials, planetary commodities, sleeper relics, and items used in invention.

Secondary Producer Price Index (SPPI)
The Secondary Producer Price Index contains production materials and other production items that are used in the manufacturing of consumer goods, i.e. goods included in the Consumer Price Index.

Consumer Price Index (CPI)
The Consumer Price Index measures the overall price changes of consumer products. This is not limited to consumables such as fuel, ammunition or PLEX, but also includes assets such as ships, modules, implants and starbase structures. In summary, anything that is not primarily used to produce other goods is included in the index, which contains over 4000 individual items.

9 Likes

Jove empire is a marshland. :scream:

7 Likes

Out of curiosity I would like to know something: I managed to achieve super capital ratting deltas in a system during the Rouge Swarm event with a Ferox once while only gaining a total bounty of ~10M from that period, all that in a Ferox. Was there a significant increase in killed NPC during the even while overall earned bounties dropped a bit?

Can we have some Statistik for the W-Space ? please :slight_smile:

What were the two spikes in mining & production (production vs destruction graph) in May 2016 & February 2017 caused by?

Edit:

There’s a big spike in the ISK velocity graph back in February 2017 too, was that alpha’s coming in or something (I forget when they arrived)?

That should answer your questions:

That PvD spike in 2016 is World War Bee.
The other slope in early 2017 is likely attributable to the introduction of Engineering Complexes.

2 Likes

Cheers :slight_smile:

For now…

Please add a comments link on the Dev Blog posting, back to this thread.

Separately, it “would be nice” if every News Channel post automatically created a forum comment thread. Players often go to reddit for lack of a local option, when they want to talk about EVE or World news postings.

1 Like

For mining, dies that include moon ore, ice, and gas?

Do the figures for production include reactions performed in the new Refineries?

delve
delve
delve

1 Like

The picture is linked to the October report :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Thanks for the MER. It seems Moon Mining is missing. Can we get that Data please - per region if possible :slight_smile:

Also, could we have a Yearly Economic Report with the December MER in January?

So looking at the kill dump and eliminating freighters killed in NS, the few LS systems I could find, and eliminating some kills associated with war dec groups like Marmite and PIRAT and selecting iskDestroyed less than 1 billion ISK, there are only 118 freighters that were killed in November that were “in effect” empty. So about 4/day. Out of all the freighters out there, on average 4 die per day that are in effect empty.

Note there could still be some LS and War Dec kills. Also, some of these could have double wrapped containers which often get ganked on the basis of “If it is worth hiding it may be worth ganking.” So this number is ant upper bound, but not necessarily a least upper bound. For example, Goons ganke 12 of those 118 and Goons almost always gank for profit.

Example, this kill appears empty, but the guy was hauling a crap ton of skins and a couple of double wrapped packages.

@CCP_Falcon This is potentially a pretty big ask (the data would likely snowball out of control quickly), but would it be possible to include mining and ratting per-capita charts?

For example, Delve is obviously insane on these charts… but the charts don’t account for the number of players. In a hypothetical universe where Delve had 90% of the active accounts running, these charts are only partially informative, and in that universe it would show that Delve was in fact NOT a problem.

2 Likes

You can at least get an idea by looking at the PCU charts near the end.

Uh the picture links to the MER from October for whatever reason. The other links are fine.

1 Like

mmmm i love reading these,

1 Like

Excellent report. Nice work!

I second @Old_Pervert’s suggestion about doing some per-capita charts.