Delve, Goons and the MERs

Id kill myself if I was married to you.

2 Likes

Guess Ill have to get some chocolates too…

4 Likes

Well… Personally i don’t blame them Goons. They simply win in sandbox.

The only problem here is that nobody wins sandbox. Sandbox simply dies if somebody wins (nobody wants to play for losing side). So i’m curious what will CCP do when Goons will rush towards final win?

3 Likes

Very true, what I did when on the losing side (dominion sov system sucked balls), was just play at a low level and wait, but it is possible that Tranquility will go the same way as the Chinese server so that the high end play is not possible…

Well that will be interesting to see, I would expect that they will revitalise hisec and develop better gameplay for solo and small group players who operate around the single super power that controls the rest of the game, if they do not do that then the game dies.

It will be an agonizingly slow, repetitive but inexorable process to advance through NS placing Keepstars as they move the front-line forward.

It will only take a handful of significant battles to deplete/crush resisting forces/motivation to where they are no longer relevant, log off or welcome their new overlords. After that, its just sweeping the board clean.

The best opposition can do, is try to channel its Asset Safety to where they still have something left to fight on with against impossible odds.

I dont think CCP will do anything, except struggle to keep servers up through that handful of “all-in” battles.

I think this time, its for quits.
This will be the war to end wars.

Unless someone pulls off another AWOX even more subversive than BoBs, Goons will rule the universe until they get bored of it. There wont be enough significant force nor motivation left on the part of whatever enemies remain. After that, its just whether Goons will split internally at some point, which I find unlikely, and at best to be like Red vs Blue are.

This sounds really,really boring.

What is the worth of winning,when its domination through passive attrition?

Imo that doesn’t describe emergent gameplay,if anything it sounds risk adverse.

1 Like

Just like any successful Corporation. Wear your opponent down endlessly, with lawsuits and red tape that drag out the battle for so many decades that the families that initially started things die off. Hire lobbying firms to get the Government to rule in your favor. Intimidate up and comers. Start your own PR company to feed stories to the press painting you as the Corp that stands up for the little guy.

Oh! Like when you fled highsec with your tail between your legs because you could do nothing to oppose the New order? Yeah, **** it, just wait it out, accept your own impotence, embrace it!

1 Like

For a laugh or two, that is about it.

Not surprising that you guys have spent more time discussing me than the actual points in the thread.

Typical deflection move by the goon shills on these forums. Not that they really need to do it. The thread has lost its value. Goons won’t have to use their usual method of shutting down a thread potentially dangerous to their business, which is derail the thread with nonsense, which is a signal to their ISD buddies to shut it down.

3 Likes

If things in game were the same back in the day, id say Band of Brothers probably could of. Hell, they had a dev hand them premo tech II BPOs. They were goons before there were goons. Plus BoB Ceo turned out to be powerhouse Mercenary coalition CEO as well (which probably surprised no one ).

Having suffered not a single loss to CODE and with so many CODE kills, saves etc., so if you call that fleeing with my tail between my legs then I wonder what victory looks like?

In terms of the Goons when they go for it, hell yeah, it will be like a fly on the windshield of a 55 tonner.

I see you are using another toon, got the previous one banned I hope for being such a pathetic poster…

Yeah as per normal, though at least Salvos and I are having a proper discussion, perhaps you might want to weigh in on that.

2 Likes

And if BoB hadnt gone down, DP would no doubt be rambling on about how they have CCP in their pocket and doing whatever it is he has a problem with.

BoB did go down, and the cause was Goons.
I dont get what your point is.

Im not sure what part of it is giving you a problem understanding.

So in an alternate universe, where Goons never existed, and BoB still reigned, DP would be investigating BoB influence on CCP?

So? I still don’t see your point.

Are you so naive you don’t think leading powers in EVE take every opportunity to sway CCP towards their agenda?

1 Like

Im still not sure what part of it is giving you a problem understanding.

How about you just state what your point is, instead of repeatedly claiming you don’t understand my questions.

You seem to have a problem understanding.

I cannot help you.

You have a problem understanding me asking you to clearly state your point?