The point of this thread is essentially me asking for help to solidify and refine an idea.
Pretty much, I’m going to give out an overall idea I’ve been thinking about and anyone who think he has an idea that could be integrated to it is more than welcome to do so.
Idea: Diplomatic Resort
Design Goal: Something that can be interacted with, attacked, and contested.
- Can only be anchored within 200 to 500 km of a Station.
- Can be anchored within 175 km of another Upwell Structure.
Design Goal: Stations are among the few things that are limited in numbers and can provide limited points of contests in High-sec. We can’t blow them up, but we can blow the Resorts attached to them and make them ours.
- Only allows docking to members of the owning corp.
- The Structure allows setting up Meetings with Agents from CONCORD, the Empire owning the system, and the Corporation owning the station the structure is anchored to.
- The results of Meetings depend on the number corp members in the structure (up to a maximum of X) when the Meeting is held.
Design Goal: Make it specifically a corp thing. One of the goals of the structure is to encourage corps to grow bigger and contest each others. The Limit with the X variable is here to encourage different variant of Resorts, either bigger or pricier.
- Meetings would give unique buffs (and debuffs) to the characters participating (resulting from your intense partying or diplo activities).
Design Goal: Creates variance in High-sec. Would help create more wax and wanes depending on the buffs and debuffs they would get.
- Meetings would be the way to gain perks for your corp.
- Lore-wise, Diplomatic Resort are Pleasure Hubs where you try to convince representatives of the different powers in EVE to support and push the cause of your corp by making them live the good life in a finely crafted environment.
Design Goal: Encourage Corp-“Crafting”. You’d build your corp from the ground up to be bigger, better, and with more perks.
- No High-slots.
- Only 1 reinforcement timer.
Design Goal: Those would not be geared for combat, and more importantly they could not since you would have multiple ones on a grid.
They are also to be easy points of contention, thus the sole reinforcement cycle.
Now I will present Challenges, the specific thing I’m asking for help about. Things have not yet been able to figure out but I’m asking the community for help defining:
- Encourage Undocking
- Possible Material Rewards
- Be an Isk sink
- The nature of the provided buffs and debuffs
- Amount allowed per station per security status
- System alongside that playing with the corps, organizations interacted with by the structure
All suggestions, inputs, ideas, and proper responses are welcome. Ideally, I plan on making this into a Design Document that will be duly given to CCP.