Design Workshop: WarDec Structures

As I said

Come back when you actually have a thought out idea, instead of adding conditions when people see workarounds :joy:

You’ll have a little more credibility then

I have not told you what I expected to do with Flags?

To be honest, those are good points.

Is it that hard for you to imagine that there could be a limitation to an alliance and a corp of the same alliance deccing the same corp?

Also, they would only be able to dec Level 1s.

There is something more annoying that would be those solo corp all coming and helping one of their solo corp defend against the Defender.
The logical conclusion is simple. Where the Flags are and where the HQs are, only the Defender and The Aggressor should be allowed participation.

The obvious solution is to make sure the Flag and HQ do the equivalent of jamming everyone that is not a participant.
Each one of those solo corps would have to defend their HQ and Flags.

I actually like that!

It’s useless to put limitations on multiple levels

It’ll just end up being a buggy mess that no one will want to touch

So to follow up.

The Plan initially was to make Flags the thing corps and people would use to lay a claim on a system.
Through the Flag people would be allowed to extend wars into a system and thus attack all their targets in said system.
The Defender would not need a Flag in a system to attack the Aggressor, and the Flag would act as something they could attack to make a system safe for them.

But Dom actually raised a good point. There is the case where people would make hundreds of solo corps, and all attack the same HQ or to defend their own HQ or Flags during a war.
So pretty much, I can one of the goals of the Flag being to prevent or at least discourage this behavior.

At first I thought of a Jam, the Flag jamming everyone, with the blessing of CONCORD, that is not an Attacker or a Defender.

But now that I think about it, the best solution is to have something less binary and more organic, Damage.

The Flag would inflict damage on all ships present that are not either the Defender or the Attacker.

You could have variants of it that would have different kinds of ECM (everything but Scrams and Jams), like Webs, Damps, etc…

Not sure if that behavior should be a thing on the HQ, I think the Flags having this behavior would be crippling enough to Alt solo corps in that they would be likely alone in defending their Flag and thus would likely end with no systems where they can wage war.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.