I suggested this a while ago in “Wardec Discussion Discord” after CCP announced about incoming wardec changes. So here I am posting it in here to reach broader audience.
I was a member of EVE University and lived in their HiSec Campus (as well as other campuses) for a long time. Living in Hisec and being a member of EVE University means that you get a lot of attention from wardeccers and learn about wars. I enjoy almost all aspects of New Eden from PvE to PvP from solo activities to fleet activies in all kind of systems (hisec, lowsec, null and wormholes).
With this suggestion I tried to bring more content to wars by providing defending party a target to engage for forcing real battles and by giving objectives to both parties of the war with objective base war system. Also instead of eliminating the neutral logi at all, I suggest to add a new timer that may make things much interesting while making it simple for defending party logistics.
Also by suggesting “war contracts” I tried to make things interesting and fun for mercenary wars.
As a bonus I am suggesting Corporation Agents and Corporation LP Stores for more content overall (even though the extreme risk of being called as carebear ).
I am not claiming that I have the best knowledge and my suggestions are the best, but I think being in a corporation that is subjected to wardecs almost constantly gave me the knowledge and some perspective to discuss these issues. So here I am.
I hope whathever decided by CCP for the future of wars, it will be fun for all parties.
- If a corporation wants to declare war on another corporation/alliance it should have one online Upwell Command service module online.
- Corporation is asked what type of war campaign it wants to enable.
- War of Attrition (Most ISK Destroyed)
- Regional Conflict
- Structure Warfare (Destroy Structure(s))
- Total War
- Mutual War
- Each of those campaigns come with related objective,and LP rewards (& tactical victory points) when those objectives completed. Campaign type will not affect the cost of war declaration.
- Also staging location for the war should be stated (the structure with the online Upwell Command service) and when war is declared this structure will be designated as staging location and defender corporation/alliance will be informed about the location (system) of the structure.
- When the war is declared it is added to the war campaign counts (which is limited depending on the online Upwell Command service module), however if the war is mutual, although it still requires command service for declaration, it won’t affect the total count.
- If structure with the online Upwell Command service module is destroyed, then aggressor will have a limited time to move their operations to another base (4 hours-24 hours). Failure will lead all wars staging from that structure drop within 4-24 hours.
- If an alliance wants to declare war, all the member corporations should meet the Upwell Command service requirements as well.
- If a member corporation leaves the aggressor alliance, all wars & war campaigns will be inherited from the alliance and moved into their own structure with online Upwell Command service.
- When a corporation/alliance at war, all member capsuleers will have a War Timer (War Flag) all the time, until all wars are over.
- If a neutral capsuleer interferes the war by giving support to any warring faction, he/she will inherit that War Timer (War Flag) and all the wars entitled with that timer for 15 minutes, in addition to suspect timer, basically making them legal wartargets to all opponent faction capsuleers without CONCORD intervention and/or any suspect/criminal flag. This will prevent in-corp logistics to go suspect if they simply repairing their own corporation members when fighting against neutral logistics.
Upwell Command Service
Three new Upwell structure services will be available for declaring and sustaining war. Online Upwell Command service is required to declare a war and having war campaigns.
- Upwell Command Office
- Can be fitted into Medium, Large, and X-Large size Citadels
- Can sustain 5 wars
- Price : 100 PLEX
- Fuel Consumption : 5 units/cycle
- Upwell Command Center
- Can be fitted into Large, and X-Large size Citadels
- Can sustain 25 wars
- Price : 500 PLEX
- Fuel Consumption : 25 units/cycle
- Upwell Command Headquarters
- Can be fitted into X-Large size Citadels
- Can sustain unlimited wars
- Price : 5000 PLEX
- Fuel Consumption : 200 units/cycle
Only one Upwell Command service can fitted into one structure, and only one Upwell Command service can be online within the entire corporation at any given time.
Upwell Command services are available for Known Space only/ Empire Space only / Hi-Sec only.
Upwell Command service enables war declaration & war campaigns.
Upwell Command service enables war campaign default missions depending on the war campaign types (set by CONCORD)
Upwell Command service enables war campaign missions set by capsuleer corporations as well (such as; kill number of ships, kill number of industrial ships, kill ISK, destroy structure, etc). Corporation LP & ISK rewards may be given for each mission.
Objective and/or time based war contracts can be set by corporations. Objectives can be set for each contract and rewards can be cumulative.
- Time frame for war
- Objectives : Kill Structure(s), Kill Ships, Destroy ISK, Kill Industrial Ships
Upwell Agent Office
A new Upwell service available for all type and size of Upwell structures. Enables Corporation Agents & Corporation Missions. So basically corporation officials can create (and modify / delete) custom corporation missions that can be enabled by member capsuleers (or ACL based selection). Missions type can be selected by the capsuleer when he/she interacts with the agent, and one type can be selected to get a mission offer.
Categories may be;
- Epic Arc
Logistics Mission asks capsuleer to haul a package from one location to another.
Industry Mission gives capsuleer a set of input materials and BPC and asks capsuleers to produce an item by using those and deliver it back.
Trade Mission gives capsuleer a trade mission that involves supplying an item to the corporation for a price.
Bounty Mission gives capsuleer a target (capsuleer) that should be hunted down in exchange for ISK/LP.
Epic Arc Mission is a set of mission that may involve a combination of those mission types above.
Rewards : ISK, LP, Ships, Items, etc.
Those missions can be created / modified / deleted by responsible corporation staff.
Missions can be enabled/disabled so that will give corporation an option to active some missions when needed, and deactive when it is not.
Corporation LP Store
Similar to NPC Corporation LP Stores, capsuleer corporations now have Corporation LP Stores. Upwell Agent Office and/or Upwell Command Office/Center/Headquarters enables Corporation LP Store for the fitted structure.
LP Store may offer : Corporation SKINs, Corporation Garments, Doctrine Ships, Items. etc.