Dev blog: Black Desert Online makers Pearl Abyss to acquire CCP!

They’re about as independent as a new born baby. Perhaps you deliberately block out the “wholly owned” part of “wholly owned subsidiary” to make things seem better. You cannot be owned by Koreans, yet claim to be owned by Icelandics. Maybe in your head canon, it works. But in the real world, the one who owns you, owns you.

3 Likes

You can not sell story like this to a cynical Europe …

He ain’t selling it very well to Americans either. lol

You make a company.
I buy 100% of your company, but you get to stay on as CEO.

I pay your CEO salary now.

Do you think you are independent cos your office, which I own and pay for, is in Iceland whereas mine is in S.Korea?

I can sell your office whenever I want. I own it and everything in it, from the wall paper to the toilet paper.

Do you feel independent, when I own the chair you are sitting on, and the company PC you are using? I even own the heat that keeps your office warm and the keys you use to get in.

5 Likes

I think that’s the best part of this whole deal. Hilmar is now officially someone’s bitch.

4 Likes

All of our virtual assets and characters, are now ultimately owned by PA.

This entire game is now owned by PA, through and through.

3 Likes

I think you don’t even know what “wholly owned subsidiary” means. It’s referring to who ownes the comapany stock and not to country of registeation or the “nationality” of the company.

Since you obviously can’t be bothered learning a thing or two on your own, let me help you a little:

Im sorry, but you seem to have misunderstood what is in the article you linked, in this context, and drawn the wrong conclusions from that.

1 Like

CCP is a Icelandic company owned by a Korean corporation under the shape of wholly owned subsidiary.

Being owned doesn’t change the nationality of the company. This is how you happen to buy from Irish corporations who happen to be called Apple or Amazon as their American owners but follow Irish law and taxes. Very specially, the taxes…

2 Likes

Basically there are 3 kinds of companies in age of public glass aka internet -

Good , mediocre, bad.

Good ones publish everything about their performance : earnings, accounts, shares, losses - basically : We are good, we will be better"

Mediocre ones also publish everything to show they are not bad “We may underperform sometimes but things are good in general and we are not ashamed to publish data”

The bad ones are usually not interesed to publish anything but in case all good and mediocre publish their data - it will be obvious which ones are lemons even if they dont publish anything.

If a company sells its independency its usually to kinds of cases -

Management wants to parachute to Caribbean Isles or Another project - “Soda Stream to Pepsi - Production and Dev. stays in Israel”

Business is not good and they need a money injection. “Nokia - sinking ship swallowed by Microsoft - huge job losses”

For EVE to live PA needs to understand that world pvp needs to stay so its not easy like every other cookie cutter mmo and so the economy stays stimulated. Also the mechanics of injectors and plex as “pay to win” works alright i guess since you can buy a bunch of stuff and die in fire further stimulating the economy lol. Keep these things and dont make micro transactions effect game play through rng or other bs. Make as many stupid cosmetic things as you like though.

Yeah ok… so what do they have to do to get the carrot that does not involve us customers if you say we are “expendable”?

I’ve seen you post that a few times now yet your character was created on 12-14-2013 @ 21:14 Eve time.

As for CCP doing what they say, anyone who has been in this game for 10 or more years knows that CCP always sells dreams of what they’re going to do but in reality they either fall way short of achieving it or they just plain give up on it.

2 Likes

wholly owned subsidiary

and the main dish:
" The subsidiary operates with the permission of the parent company, which may or may not have direct input into the subsidiary’s operations and management."

So the brand stays, basically whole staff from CEO to employee stays, they just bought fully operational developer studio because it’s simple that way, but if they want they will do what suits them best.

1 Like

Do you seriously believe a forum code alt is someone’s main?

They dont need all of us.
Just the ones prepared to pay.

1 Like

Jibberish. You have no idea what’s being discussed. But you will know soon.

I hope it’s a blanket ban on any form of lootboxes or anything vagualy smelling of gambling. EA, Activision, Take 2, etc… all have taken things way too far recently. It’s had a determental effect on the quality of games as well.

Learn to read…! I’ve never stated that a subsidiay (wholly owned or not) isn’t/can’t be controlled by the parent company. My statement was that because CCP is a wholly owned subsidiary of a Korean company doesn’t mean they are now a Korean company themselves.

2 Likes

If the statement of playing this game for X amount of years can’t be verified then that statement is irrelevant which doesn’t give any credibility to what was posted.

When I say I’ve been playing this game for 10+ years, that can be easily verified just by checking the date my character was created.

I’m not afraid to post with my main.