Dev blog: Black Desert Online makers Pearl Abyss to acquire CCP!

Everybody comply except EA, which shows what company EA really is. This will be fun to watch. EA already bend a knee with new Battlefield V and history accuracy in it. Stocks are failing. If Belgium win I wonder what the rest of EU will do. I wish they’ll burn to the ground for what they did to the industry.

CCP hf, as the nominal parent company, is registered in Iceland.

I dunno where possible daughter companies are registered and cba to research as CCP shares are not publically traded and Im not investing.

https://www.firmaskra.is/search.php?c=5898&company=CCP%20hf#

For now.
Deal goes through 12.10.18.
After that, anything could happen.

As far as I can make out, Kim Dae-il (37), founder of PA, retained 39% of PA Corp, and net worth of $1.1bil, as of January 2018. Afaik, he is the largest single shareholder.

So this guy is more or less our new overlord:

Hilmar sold his stake in CCP. At 7%, thats about $30mil, if the bonus conditions are achieved. He stays on as CEO for an indeterminate period, but has informally stated he will not leave CCP.

1 Like

Check Goon recruitment policy.
You have to be an SA subber, or sponsored by SA subber, to be considered for recruitment into Goons.

Below, in particular, is GoonWaffe’s recruitment policy, updated as of 22 July, 2018:
https://wiki.goonfleet.com/Joining_GoonWaffe_101

Sorry i can’t tell if your repeating what im saying in another perspective or correcting what we are both saying already.

Hm. It would be good if you would know the difference between Goonwaffe and the rest of GSF…

I like our new overlord better than Hilmar

2 Likes

I know the difference, albeit its superficial at best. The Goon core owns/directs all subsidiaries. It was just an example which does show SA sub requirement, or sponsorship from an SA sub payer.

Goons are, have always been, and likely always will be, an extension of SA, which has its own subscription for cash system.

SA makes real money off Goon (certainly GoonWaffe) recruitment in EVE.

Whether that constitutes RMT, is not up to me.

So far I havent read any statement by our new overlord, except for statements by PA Corps CEO.

Hes certainly far FAR richer than Hilmar at estimated $1.1bil net worth compared to Hilmars $30mil sell out of his 7% stake in CCP, and afaik still controls 39% of PA Corp as founder.

It’s pretty easy to find out who my main is…

No need to worry about eve. I am sure it will last. It’s just the players that will change :slightly_smiling_face:

5 Likes

sorry im late for this, but sure lets go with that

So now there’s a $200-million performance-based incentive to fleece the existing playerbase. Just waiting for PLEX-based ships, training accelerators and module performance enhancements to enter the game. In the interim we can expect massive amounts of new SKINS and NEX cosmetic items. PLEX permit to riot?

4 Likes

Or you know it could be reliant on them achieving deadlines with projects like Nova and actually launching them on time and without major dramas.
In other news stocks in tinfoil soar.

1 Like

If you’re hoping to ride the tinfoil wave you’re late to the party. Some of us have been stocking up for years…

Mostly likely those are involved as well, albeit not as deadlines/drama specifically, but in if they meet projected revenue.

1 Like

you should have pearl abyss come in and finish walking in station that ccp utterly failed to finish and update the now outdated character creator.

3 Likes

They’d just have CCP do it, which means it would languish in beta for several years, remain in an unfinished state and then eventually dropped because no one was using it.

1 Like

They will treat CCP as Koreans now? That doesnt look good. :confused:

To the contrary, CCP is Icelandic and China is good friends with Iceland because of a deal for geothermal technology worth a billion $. This means that CCP can access China to sell whatever Pearls Abyss wants them to sell there. Like Nova, Aurora and Galaxy… or maybe even BDO if CCP acts as publisher.

Ah, but you might wonder: how large is the smartphone game market in China? There’s 800 million game-capable phones in China… since they manufacture them there, after all, and basic models are dirt cheap.

3 Likes

CCP has been planning on selling the company for a long time. Most of us figured it out when they inflated the number of accounts to make a better sale. Its just obvious from a business standpoint. CCP deleted my first post about this because they dont want the new owner to realize they got sold lots of multiple accounts per user.

2 Likes

It’s all about China and access to its lucrative market.

PA doesn’t primarily care so much about EvE. The asset that attracted PA was CCP’s business funnel into China CCP had long established permissions for. Smart move by PA, really, they could make billions from it. That’s why PA was willing to pay such a high price for CCP. They were buying business access. Clever use of geopolitics in business. o7 PA Reading interview with PA ceo one can read between the lines and see he makes oblique reference to China market.

CCP’s investors saw their chance to sell well and took it. Wasn’t about the financial validity or not of CCP. Who can blame them? Kudos to them.

win/win situation…for PA and CCP investors/hilmar, anyway. China will probably get what they want out of the arrangement, too. Existing EvE players?..maybe not so much after PA solidifies it’s China stance and gets around to seriously thinking about how to make more money from EvE than even CCP could while trying to meet PA’s financial goals.

Oh, things won’t change because people were told they won’t change? lol Maybe - maybe - not at first. Once PA has situation where they want things with EvE certainly will. The history of business acquisitions supports that…sorry fellow eggers.

The potential numbers involved mean we existing EvE players are not critically important. They could lose all of us and still go forward no problem. There will be no jita riots, those days are past. Even if there were it wouldn’t matter.

A “brave new world” is coming to EvE (2 years outside maximum, probably much sooner). Our choices will be adapt to it or leave with fond memories.

We live in interesting game times.

4 Likes