Dev blog: Black Desert Online makers Pearl Abyss to acquire CCP!

Yup China is Big game now, China is ONLY game now anything other are peanuts as someone said “China have 800 000 000 game capable smartphones now” and whole EVE Online worth less than 0.000001 % China mobile game market. It is like old shipyard on great real estate on the coast and new entrepreneur come , buy company remove shipyard and build shiny hotel on that real estate.
Eve online is that old shipyard on great real estate …

P.S.
First phase of shipyard demolition just started by new “speech rules”

1 Like

Still dreaming about EVE becoming Hello Kitty online? Looks like nothing like that is happening :laughing:

1 Like

Is this example of Online Stalking ???

1 Like

:sweat_smile:

But I fear when Chinese will see PA as those who owns CCP, the politics will come into play.

That seems as investor risk. PA seem to know that. If CCP will not be able to earn cash in china by pushing NOVA and some mobile games there, PA will not pay the bonus $200M.

1 Like

We dont know the specifics of CCPs access/connections to the Chinese gov, regulatory bodies etc.

It could be they are temporary, or simply hinged on a specific successful relationship between Hilmar himself and a Chinese official that get along well.

Geo-politically, it is certain S.Korea and China are antagonistic.
In terms of the gaming industry, China has its own gaming/telecom mega-giants whom want the market for themselves.

PA also has a subsidiary Corp in Taiwan, from which they launch some of their services, and Taiwan is DEFINITELY antagonistic with China.

I wouldnt be surprised if just the simple fact of the existence of this PA subsidiary in Taiwan makes it impossible (legally or conventionally) for PA to do ANY business in China, whatsoevr.

2 Likes

Maybe its actually the reality, and PA thought that when Iceland and CCP have good relations with China, they will get a foothold in China. Maybe that “idependent” CCP is for Chinese, but when we have seen thru PA intentions, Chinese wouldnt? That bonus is so telling. RISK!

1 Like

I dont think China will be fooled for CCP doing business in China under PA ownership, as somehow “Icelandic” rather than S.Korean/Taiwanese.

I also dont think Iceland has any clout to politically/diplomatically wedge China open for CCP (read: PA by proxy), regardless of the geothermal deal, especially when CCP is now a 100% foreign owned company that happens to be registered/HQd in Iceland.

Afaik make out, trade between Taiwan and China is almost non-existent, and China/S.Korean trade is complicated by boycotts/tariffs and geo-politics.

1 Like

I’m not surprised you would think that. Your other views suggest you are quite far detached from reality :grin:

It is much more complicated …

e.g.

2 Likes

Indeed.

Considering that also, I think its very unlikely CCP will retain any license to operate in China, as now under the ownership of S.Korean and especially Taiwanese interests (as owners of PA).

Even if there are guys in CCP with connections in China to aid getting a license, they will be co-opted into PA, or flat out head-hunted by a 3rd party to get their experience/connections onboard.

People with good relations to Chinese officials are worth their weight in gold on the market. Those are notoriously difficult to gain, as a both modern and ancient adage, paraphrased: Only once you have been invited into their home to dine together with their family, is the relationship anything other than superficial. You will have to do the same, as well, and pull out all the stops and spare no expense. That is a great honor, and privilege, with great responsibility attached. On the plus side, once that happens, you are “in”, for life. After that, short-changing or deceiving you, in anyway at all, is a great dishonor to their entire family, past/present and future, as is true of you doing the same, on your part.

1 Like

The time in eve was very special to me there have been good and bad ones but now the time has come to me to say good bye forever. Thank you for the last 12 years and good luck for your future. I myself don’t want to be a part of the pearl abyss community after all. I tried bdo in the past and cannot tell anything positive about it… that’s a very sad moment to me… bye ccp…

6 Likes

Time moves on, and so must you it seems.

Enjoy what you end up doing.

Hi Ameni, so sad to see you go.

If you need someone to look after your stuff while you are away (we all know you will be back) your trusty friend Ima will gladly keep an eye on everything.

can i have your stuff?

untitled

I dont get it.

I just heard about this.

That’s how newsworthy it is.

All I can say is ‘who?’ because I have literally never ever heard of them.

2 Likes

So because you are uninformed, it can’t be significant…and because you don’t know who the company in question is, that matters how?

ok, guy.

1 Like

Neither had I. But, that doesn’t mean that it wasn’t newsworthy to those within the industry.