Dev blog: Black Desert Online makers Pearl Abyss to acquire CCP!

And, that I why I ask the question.

This news has little worth to the industry.

Perhaps I should have said that instead. My apologies.

1 Like

Black Desert Online isn’t even a space based MMO. I would expect changes to Eve Online to fit in with BDO’s game play to take place in the future.

“Black Desert” would have been a decent name for a space game, though. Seems kinda odd for a fantasy game, but there’s probably a reason.

2 Likes

I just wonder if BDO is going to try and seed CCP with the idea of Lock Boxes?

“Black Desert” is a nickname of the great Valencian desert that stems from the abnormal quantity of Black Stones (stones of magical properties that are used to enhance gear, said to resonate with Black Spirits) found there.

1 Like

Look at companies like EA and activision. They ruin all beloved franchises when they buy them out… God I miss command and conquer and mass effect. RIP my fave games to greedy share holders. Capitalism at its finest. PA is a greedy company with no morals. So not too hopefull.

I know this is better than CCP ending up like telltale. But I’m not optimistic.

I adore PA, every wednesday they add something new and better to BDO, they are just great.

Removed a few posts that were in violation of forum policies.

RIP EVE Online [Sep 6 2018]

2 Likes

" He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. And if you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss also gazes into you" F. Nietzsche, beta tester of EVE Online.

3 Likes

Normally on forums I visit, I try to post translations google but I’m not posting yours. Too sickening and perverted.

1 Like

Why CCP doesn’t buy companies, why they sold themself ?

Why? 425000000 reasons.

More accurately CCP didnt sell themselves. The investors backing CCP sold their shares to PA. And Hilmar cashed up at the same time with whatever he had left.
CCP already were an externally owned company.

Black Desert has a really amazing start to there game Eve is still quite hopeless, Eve has a real sense of long play Black Desert does too much grinding after level 20 Black desert has amazing housing and communities etc etc So if this works something more amazing could happen:)

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.