Devblog: Interim Statement on Brisc Rubal Follow-up Investigation

like adding captains quarters wasnt the real issue but the fact that it did nothing was and now, some time later… they just took it out completely?

Well, CQ was going to be the first node of the Carbon-based WiS system. WiS itself could have been a whole new area of gameplay, capable of potentially offering integration points for DUST or other spin-off titles, but ultimately didn’t happen, as we all know.

They left it in because ‘meh, no need to touch it’, until they realized it was holding them back. Then they removed it.

I was thinking more about things like taking the ‘complex’ mechanics of FW and moving them to sov war, or using ‘sure, anyone can put them anywhere’ from starbases (once the ‘you need a license’ was removed from HS) and applying that to citadels. The former, obviously, was a matter of CCP not understanding that a lot of plexing in FW is LP-farmers avoiding fights.

The latter has resulted in not just cit spam in HS and NS, but hostile citadels sitting in FW space. These provide docking, repair, and staging facilities in systems where militia members otherwise couldn’t dock at all. That docking restriction is there, obviously enough, for a reason. In part, it serves to establish the NPC control of the system, and that the empires are able to deny their enemies safe harbor in their space…

… but those massive NPC navies (And they are massive. Tens of thousands of titans each, etc.) just ignore enemy space stations far behind the front lines? It makes FW even more bleak and unrewarding than it already was. FW in the citadel age is much like sov warfare in the citadel age: Ultimately meaningless as long as those jerks still have a place to dock here.

1 Like

In the devblog announcing the ban it was “All the illicit assets and ISK -->gained from this incident<-- have been confiscated” wich suggested that ‘physical evidence’ was found. Turns out that this was obviously a missleading representation of what happened.

I support strong and immediate action in a case like this but why does CCP put such a lie in the announcement? Even saying nothing at all or simply that the investigation is ongoing would have been the correct way to handle this. But lieing streight to your players faces?

I thought the people arguing about the whole thing were just dumb for believing a corrupt lobbyist who got cought would do anything other than lie about his innocence because of how CCP represented the situation.
This reckless spreading of missinformation is just as bad as cheating and RMT - even if it should turn out that the accusations were correct in the end i am extremely disappointed that CCP would do something like this…

1 Like

CCP?
i mean why would they ban someone without good, solid evidence?

You don’t lose copyright for not defending it. Trademark is different story.

CCP have no honor. They have no vision or ideas how to fix the game that they broke listening to few mememe “players” with contacts. It is how company dies, when it makes it personal and kills everything they claimed they uphold dear. Bans with no explanation, with no proof or evidence of people playing EVE for over a decade is just one of the things they do. But you wont hear from them, or show evidence, since they don’t have or give you any. CCP staff and the company as a whole has 0 accountability.

1 Like

My bad, yes, I meant trademark. Thank you.

What doxing are you talking about? Brisc himself made a video, where he grabbed his real life into the game.

And how the hell banning Mittani felt you an attack, when Mittani himself did what he did on the stage?

1 Like

Well said, @Arrendis . CCP is the only gaming company I know that seem to value their player base’s (relative) wishes through a community reach program like the ‘CSM’.

I know its not a perfect process, but it is at least rare, if not unique to the gaming industry. The most difficult part of this process is that human (s) are involved, when any attempt to create a ‘perfect’ business model, you place the human factor (variable) in and it creates both chaos and calm. Human nature tends to be a variable and not a constant in all things worldly. I have a feeling this all about different individuals narrative, and the direct perception of what that means to CCP, and ultimately the player base. We may never see that fully, but I look forward to any shared information from all parties involved.

1 Like

Your trumpeting of your cringeworthy misunderstanding of the very simple concepts of how CCP profits from players plexing their accounts is far from a hard truth, I’m afraid.

You’re right…90% is not all…

There should be an appeal process for all. I have over a decade invested in my accounts. While I don’t play much anymore, I would be devastated if I went to log into my accounts and they were banned for no reason.

I don’t know if its enough to say “keep your nose clean and nothing will happen to you”, we will see if someone at CCP pulled the trigger without enough evidence. If so, then it can happen to anyone…

Just to clarify, I don’t have an opinion on Rubal’s guilt. I just feel that he should have his appeal heard.

2 Likes

Is that true? Did he actually hire an Icelandic lawyer?

What about the CCP employee(s) who banned him and then publicly shamed him? Who care about the player(s)! Eve players are expected to try underhanded nonsense, its the paid employees that are the guardians of CCPs reputation and players pvt info.

Brisc may be guilty but regardless of that CCP had no right to publicly shame him. When did this become acceptable? Put yourself in his shoes. CCP has your name as well, they can ban and out you whenever they choose. I think there should be someone at CCP that should lose some days of pay.

1 Like

Did they shame him publicly? They stated publicly that Brisc Rubal was banned - but what else can they do when they ban CSM member? It was brisc himself that linked his alt to real life. Newspapers where the ones that did the shaming.

3 Likes

Well, when the removed Manfred Sideous, they didn’t even put out a devblog. They just popped out a forum post that said ‘Manny’s left the CSM, any further info is private.’

No, they said Brisc broke a non-disclosure agreement - a legally-binding contract - with them. They could have just said “Brisc is banned; no further comment” as they have before, but they didn’t. Further, they publicly declared him in violation of their signed, legal agreement, without even even giving him the courtesy of advanced notice or the respect usually offered to respond to the allegations.

Whether that rises to the standard of libel or not doesn’t look like it is going to be tested in a court of law. In fact, it seems CCP might have been completely wrong from the wording of the latest devblog and will apologize. I’m sure Brisc has no desire to work with such a reckless corporate entity anymore, and who can blame him? He volunteers his time and energy and this is his thanks?

I do hope he gets his accounts back and can play the game he clearly loves again though. Maybe this has soured him on even that, but at least his public reputation won’t be at risk anymore in case CCP Banhammer gets a little too frisky again in the future.

1 Like

CCP Banned Brisc - The Player - Because he - the palyer - did ■■■■ things.
Brisc was the one who made his RL public to everyone.

Not CCP attacked him in his Reallife - other Gaming sides did it… because Brisc made his Reallife Public to the whole Internet.

So stop talking that CCP did attack him RL. He did it by his own.

1 Like

@Lady_Athonelly CCP claimed to have confiscated assets related to the incident, now they are “investigating” wich means that none of the previous dev blog can be taken serious anymore.
They could have kept quiet about it, instead decided to present the situation as if they allready had hard evidence.
As CSM he was a public figure all along so it was clear that this would damage the reputation of the person and not only the player…

1 Like

You are missing the point. Kicking him off of the CSM is a non-issue in the sense that they have every right to do so for whatever reason, and no one has the right to recourse.

However, accusing him of breaching NDA is not. Avatars don’t sign NDAs. Real people do. By making accusations of NDA breach, they are necessarily involving the real person, not the avatar.

CCP would not be in this mess if they had just said “Brisc was removed from the CSM.” and that’s it. But I’m glad they did, as it seems injustice was done, and may be corrected.

1 Like

Incorrect. Breach of NDA can only be committed by a real person, not an in-game avatar. Their banning of him from CSM did not tie this issue to his RL identity, but their accusation of breach of NDA did. So yes, CCP irrevocably tied this issue up with this RL identity from the get go.

1 Like