With the recent start of a new Rogue swarm alert I was happy to continue my research on rogues drones and their civilization.
Let’s see what we got this time:
- we get the usual nest of rogue drones, complete with some wrecks probably recently salvaged.
- lookouts that allow for drone swarm to emerge.
- this time some nest seem to be “passive” about capsuleer presence, only the BS seem agressive 100% of the time.
- there are some kind of “swarm overmind” that are disabled.
- if this rogue drone is analysed, the nest overmind get out of his den to fight.
- this drone is in isolation, probably from the nest at proximity because it is protected from regeneration (energy, shield/armor/hull remote boosters) and not susceptible to entosis link. We can’t either “give” things to it.
- they are as unresponsive as ever. I tried in English and binary, before and after the undocking of the overmind, but got no answers.
my questions therefore are:
- why the drone is just disabled and not destroyed? what do they want to do with it?
- why the drones nests seem to be “independents” and not classified into one of the known faction.
- why the data analyser detect that there is indeed something to hack, but it seem that we can’t even get some data.
and my early hypothesis:
With the recent opening of the Abyss, could it be that the deactivated ship is a member of the drones on the Triglavian side trying to rally independent nests?
Let’s hear what you think !