How to Communicate with Rogue Drones?

Does anyone have Experience with reliably Communicating with Rogue Drones ?

I have heard Rumours about the Sisters of Eve doing so but I am unsure which of them Might be a suitable Contact.

I recently had An Idea that might be Beneficial for All.

3 Likes

Oh no. :neutral_face:

5 Likes

Yeah, I speak Violence very well. By the way, if you want to say hi to the rogue drones, go into Pochven. Lots of em about, including carriers. Iā€™ve seen those things wipe out entire Triglavian fleets.

Scorch works well, best in L-Size.

3 Likes

I prefer auto cannons. Mostly because bulet funy

1 Like

Rogue Drone psychology has been a field of study of mine for a number of years now. While I have found that direct communication with a single drone mind in a manner like how we converse is extremely rare (see Algintal report), it is easier to send signals to a hive as a whole.

From my research it appears that each hive, or hive mind may have its own form of dialect or ā€œaccentā€. However there are common themes which can be gleaned. My paper goes into greater details on why this may be, but in short I theorize that there are certain information transfer patterns which are just so efficient a representation of and idea they are universally understood. It just takes a monumental amount of observation and data collection to find these patterns including but not limited to radio waves, patterns of light (across multiple spectrums), and even interpretive dance.

4 Likes

Iā€™m curious what a rogue AI would have to say. Rogue drones are very aggressive, but that might be an automatic response from the hive. Would it be dismissive? Would it be willing to cooperate, or would it be belligerent and ignore attempts at contact? Iā€™ve actually had rogue drones yell stuff at me in binary, but I didnā€™t think to translate it at the time. Probably just short words like ā€œdieā€, given how it wasnā€™t very long text (and also how I was in a combat site). Interesting to think about nonetheless.

Have you been reading Iain M banks by any chance? lovely ongoing thread in his book The Hydrogen Sonata of a Culture ship engaging in complex forms of ship dance as it guides them through a potentially hostile development.

Entities in New Eden are already in communication either openly or forced with the rogue drones, the Drifters, The Triglavians, possibly Sansha and even ā€œthe otherā€

Its the needle class drone that we have to thank for the needle jack filaments after they managed to penetrate abyssal space.

The Trigs on their own are already extremely fascinating. And the behavior of everything in Pochven seems extremely agitated, including the rogue drones (I think the Pochven region is the only place other than null where drones appear in such numbers). I rarely see large rogue drone ships, much less see them engage with system authorities. Pochven is a very weird region, simply because of how much like players they behave, in the sense that they drop fleets on top of fleets. If anyone has a recon ship or other stealth ship, I do recommend taking a look at some of the POIs in the Trig systems.

1 Like

I am unfamiliar with the title or the author, but will add it to my ever growing list of audio books for late nights in the lab. Thank you, that sounds interesting yet unlike the phenomena mentioned.

I recently recorded this message from a solitary rogue drone in Perrigen Falls

01101000011101010110110101100001011011100010000001100100011011110010000001111001011011110111010100100000011100110111000001100101011000010110101100100000011000100110100101101110011000010111001001111001

2 Likes

Rogue drones are the gallentean creation and thus share their basic ideal of so-called freedom. They do express it by considering sentient beings as no more than component materials for their own construction, freedom allows them to do whatever they want, without any morals, codes, law or restrictions. Rogue drones are the penultimate version of Gallente Federation.

And while indeed they like their creators do seem to express actual signs of intelligence, they are simply beyond reason.

Suggestion for dealing with either of them is termination on contact, which will be truly Beneficial for All (apparently, besides gallenteans and rogue drones themselves, but again, if theyā€™re beyond reason - thereā€™s no need to ask them or include them into definition of ā€˜Allā€™).

still spreading such falsehoods Diana?
will you never learn?

We Return.

Who the hell you are to dare to falsely accuse me?!

Do you have honor to answer for your words with your life?

Pick a weapon of your choice, if you are not a clown who just tosses out hot air and canā€™t stand for anything you say.

Still the petulant and violent child you have always been i see.
My weapon is, in this context, intellect, and you have already lost.

We Return

Intellect is neither weapon, nor you have it in significant quantity or quality to present against mine. Refusal to pick physical weapon shows that you have neither honor nor value to your groundless delusional ideas which you express.

I probably should give you one more chance, but I am tempted simply to discard your pathetic unintelligent ranting that you produce as attempt to evade answering for your words as a honorable and intelligent being, and to consider you from now on as simply insignificant delusional noise without any value.

For if you have no honor and courage to stand for your words, then your words have no meaning and canā€™t stain my honor or reputation, disregarding amount of times you bark them.

You devalue both yourself and your rants with your own choice. For shame.

The only thing shown here Pilot Kim, is your continued delusional state.
Your poor attempts at projection have never worked.
They did not a decade ago, and they do not today.

We would have expected you to have matured over this time, yet still you remain an unapologetic, bigoted, stain on the honour of the Caldari people.

We would suggest you learn the benefits of silence.

We Return.

Then you shall learn such benefits yourself, until you obtain ability to come up with something at least remotely intelligent.

I have no further time to waste on your hot toxic air. Your lying words are as empty and meaningless as your malfunctioning brain.

You are nothing and nobody to even dare to address me.

Dismissed.

Who is ā€œweā€?