Drake fitting for L4 Missions

After 6 years i’m returning to EVE in Alpha state.

What do you think. Will this fitting work on level 4 missions nowadays?

[Drake]
Caldari Navy Ballistic Control System
Caldari Navy Ballistic Control System
Shield Power Relay II
Shield Power Relay II

Large Shield Extender II
Large Shield Extender II
Republic Fleet 10MN Afterburner
Adaptive Invulnerability Field II
Shield Recharger II
Shield Recharger II

Heavy Missile Launcher II

Hobgoblin II x5

I personally wouldn’t use a drake. But if you must, 3 t1 purgers on there will almost double your tank.

Assuming you are a Caldari pilot, my preference would be to use a Raven even if your preference for HML is that you can use T2 launchers - there is a new module out now called Rapid Heavy Missile Launcher which is a battleship-sized module firing heavy missiles.

I’d post a fit but I haven’t used one in ages - you’d be better off just googling Raven L4 fit. But a little fiddling on pyfa gives me twice the tank and 3-4 times the DPS for less cost (owing to the 2 CN BCU’s you have fitted to your drake).

2 Likes

I agree with this guy.
Drake can do L4 but it’s very long. The raven has OMGWTFBBQ level of range, which means it’s a veryyyy good sniper. use a MJD to get out of harm, snipe from afar, and laugh as you crush your enemies, see them explode before you, and hear the lamentations of them women !

4 Likes

Yeah Raven would be the better choice here because of better tank and being able to cut costs making you much less tasty looking to suicide gankers.

that’s a big point, t1 medium purgers are pretty cheap these days.

also I’d swap the mids to 2 invluns 1 recharger, or even better 3 specific hardeners.

it will work, but it will be slow

the matter is that the icrease in sig may make it not that interesting (although no stacking penalty on purgers means the ratio EHP/S/sig is increasing)

Mate, I’ve literally returned to Eve recently, I’m happy to team up on some level 4’s if you want? I’m based in Motsu.

Greetings, we do some lv 4’s in caldari space, if you interested, send me ingame mail and add me, so y can fleet with us

My first reaction while reading OP was “Raven’d be better,” too, similar to Khanid and Anderson.

However, I should add with the MJD talk that there are medium MJDs now that can be fit to all BCs, Command Ships, DSTs, etc. So you COULD strap a MJD to a Drake these days. I’ve only used 'em on Myrms, personally.

But yeah, better a Raven. If you still insist on Draking it up, tho, OP, consider a MMJD (can jump 100km away from NPC points/tackle in a few secs as long as you have cap to initiate the micro-jump). The new little bro to the LMJD!

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.