Returning player Drake mission runner

Hi guys, just returned to play. All I have is some isk and a Drake to my name. I heard Drakes were nerfed, but is it usable to grind agent standing so I can do lvl 4 missions by doing 1-3 with it.

If so please give me a loadout, many thanks!

Drake
Shield Power Relay II
Shield Power Relay II
Ballistic Control System II
Ballistic Control System II
Adaptive Invulnerability Field II
EM Ward Field II
Thermal Dissipation Field II
Target Painter II
Large Shield Extender II
Large Shield Extender II
Heavy Missile Launcher II
Scourge Heavy Missile x40
Medium Core Defense Field Purger I
Hobgoblin II x5

So that’s a passive fit, replace t2 modules with meta modules if you don’t have the skills. Should have no problems with level 3 missions, it probably tanks better than it needs too. If you are short on CPU, replace a rig with a CPU overclock, or replace and Ballistic control with a CPU in the low slot.

Don’t kill me if the fit isn’t perfect, I’m sure it could be improved a bit =)

1 Like

Drake’s are still viable on level 4’s plus the microwarp is good to outfit.

Drake can tank lv4.

But the damage is so low you will get better isk/hour doing lv3.

Very true.

not enough purple?

depending on the rats there are some things to consider

in L1/L2 you want to have less tank, more application, so rigor &co rigs, painter, guidance enhancer, HM for projection. 50mn mandatory
in L3 you want more DPS, but adequate tank : HAM +50mn + painter/web
in L4 you want range, speed tank, low sig so HML + 10mnII , triple purger T2, cnavy power relay in low, 2×faction LSE to reduce your sig, invul+specific hardener (em for blood/sansha, therm for serp/merc, kin for guristas/angel). Drake can tank but not if still(kill stasis first). Real issue is the dampeners , take a few kinetic auto targeting missiles. Jams are no more an issue since you can and will kill the jammers.

lv1s I’d suggest a frigate or destroyer, most of the time will be spent in warp, a drake will waste a lot of time there, and preferably gun based, with guns you can hit instantly at range, since most lv1 rats have very little HP you can go in with ungrouped guns and just massacre stuff, a drake has to launch a missile and wait for it to get there and it will take a little while to learn how many volleys it takes to kill stuff. much easier to just use guns and mash f1-f8 (or however many turret slots you have) and laugh as everything explodes everywhere.

lv2s similar to lv1s but I’d suggest a cruiser hull, if you have good skills a destroyer will be fine. Moa or caracal will both do well here. But if you already have the drake it might just be worth using since it sounds like you only need to grind a little standings. the time and effort to get a new ship and fly it where you need to go probably isn’t really a big deal.

lv3s that drake fit above is the classic fit, I’d probably just drop the target painter and fit an afterburner. and once you get used to the missions can probably drop a shield power relay for an extra ballistic control.

you really dont, unless you want to spend more time burning to get in range; use heavy missile launchers.
I used a pvp nano drake last time i did level 3’s, if you have the skills honestly you dont ned more tank or close range weapons for more dps.

Indeed, just checked and the 25km range is way worse than the +200 DPS is better, so RML is better for rats.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.