ESI Update cycles when extracting data from game

Hi,

I’ve built a simple tool for my alliance mates to check which system should be farmed in order to raise the ADM indexes.

The request URL is this one according to EVE Swagger : “https://esi.evetech.net/latest/sovereignty/structures/?datasource=tranquility”.

I was wondering why the data I get, and even the data EVE Swagger gets, is not updated accourding to in-game data.

For instance, in-game, a system is >4.0 ADM index, but on my tool, it still is <4.0 ADM index.
On Dotlan as well.

Why is that ?
Is my request badly built ?
Or is that intended ?
For what reason ?

Why prices, for instance on market hubs are almost “live”, while they change every seconds, and thousands of changes / updates are made, and ADM, which are fewer than items / orders / order updates, are not ?

What is the actual “update cycle”, if there are any ?
Does it only update at DT ?
Is that the only type of data that is not “live” ?
How can you tell which data / request will be updated at a certain paste ? In response Headers ?

Yes, there’s a cache header Expires which tells you when the cache will be refreshed.

access-control-allow-credentials: true
access-control-allow-headers: Content-Type,Authorization,If-None-Match,X-User-Agent
access-control-allow-methods: GET,HEAD,OPTIONS
access-control-allow-origin: *
access-control-expose-headers: Content-Type,Warning,ETag,X-Pages,X-ESI-Error-Limit-Remain,X-ESI-Error-Limit-Reset
access-control-max-age: 600
allow: GET,HEAD,OPTIONS
cache-control: public
content-encoding: gzip
content-type: application/json; charset=UTF-8 date: Tue, 14 Jul 2020 11:39:35 GMT
etag: “b273acd11fed70cc353aaaebe411bc769b5b782f3707ff07795d868d”

expires: Tue, 14 Jul 2020 11:39:51 GMT

last-modified: Tue, 14 Jul 2020 11:37:51 GMT
strict-transport-security: max-age=31536000
vary: Accept-Encoding x-esi-error-limit-remain: 100
x-esi-error-limit-reset: 25
x-esi-request-id: 5a2abde4-c36f-435c-90f8-e8b215b246a7
x-firefox-spdy: h2

this one ?
Why is it that this time has passed, and data has not been updated according to in-game data then ?

That’s odd.

Yep, maybe there’s something i don’t well fully understand or know ?
Even in Dotlan, it’s not updated.

You can always join tweetfleet slack to get in touch with the esi developers: https://slack.eveisesi.space/

It doesn’t work :stuck_out_tongue:

NOW it works,

For anyone wondering about it as well, i got an answer :

The issue has been pointed out 1.5 years ago though…
So we won’t get a change tomorrow…

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.