EVE Anywhere’s In-Browser Streaming Service to Cease Operations May 24

Could you fix the Market API?

In November, 2022, a critical market API endpoint was disabled temporarily by CCP. It has yet to be re-enabled.

Also, the bounty system was temporarily removed - is it ever coming back? Is there any plan to restore any features? Is there any way to communicate to CCP what players want, so CCP can prioritize stuff that people actually want?

15 Likes

A shame but not entirely surprising, it was a very useful tool for stuff like trading and production, but it still needed so much more work done for it to be fully useful

One thing CCP Game is good at: Promising new ideas, only to kill them a couple years later…

First Dust524, then the constant pushing of VR games that are all dead and gone today… Now they’re trying to push “BlOcKcHaIn GaMInG” after the horse has bolted (and the old games have crashed and burned) as they shut down yet another feature today.

I look forward to the “Microsoft Excel in Eve will be discontinued on May 24 2026” devpost…

17 Likes

lolol excel in eve

2 Likes

That really is a shame, especially because cloud gaming seems to fall on its ass as well. It’s not like there weren’t some obvious (future) security issues with it but it certainly was very cool and looked promising. Will there be any plans for the new launcher to somehow be able to make an Android/iOS version?

1 Like

They never seem to answer this question…

You think it will last more than 3 months before CCP gives up on it and makes all of their dev time a complete waste?

You’re funny, guy. :laughing:

3 Likes

This. So much this.

Zkillboard is basically keeping your entire company afloat right now. Fix your busted ass “Swagger” interface to atleast allow it to have accurate numbers.

5 Likes

This was something that i really wanted to see come to Romania. I used it when i traveled and it was great.

1 Like

I have seen some (recent) discord chatter about something being done to resurrect the market API.

I think this falls in the category Soon™

1 Like

That’s too bad, I really liked the feature on my Chromebook directly rather than going through GFN. It was exciting to have EVE run smoothly in a browser, I guess personally I could always go back to the somewhat laggy VPN+VNC approach and my normal desktop.

/c

3 Likes

I use what they call a “Launcher”.

I am attaching a screenshot of what this looks like.

If you can find this button, you will be pleased to know that you can still play the game, with no browser required! (hint: try doubleclick)

/c

4 Likes

Well, I use Teamviewer - did I say that loud?

Gosh, that’s a blow to lazy linux users with fossil rigs like myself.

This may be the only opportunity to say:

The logs I’ve logged-in
Thanks for all the joy they’ve brought in
Who can live without it?
I ask in all honesty
What would EVE be?
Without EVE Anyhere what will we see?
So I say, thank you for the service
For giving it to me.

1 Like

I mean, can’t say i’m surprised in the slightest lol

Yes, but you will need a running pc to connect to.

That I don’t have

would be nice to know Why its closing?

You can also add Chrome remote desktop to that. I use it.

Do you know other ways to game streaming other than NVIDIA GeForce? I just tried and it says the servers are overloaded.

I used EVE Anywhere on my chromebook and it sure was impressive graphics wise.

In the end, like many I am not surprised. Cloud gaming is too niche and only helps a very very small fraction of people. Even then I had wifi issues and connection was not reliable vs launching EVE on my more powerful laptop.

I argue that they always maintained this was a test sadly interest wasn’t there, and it was shut down as a logical business decision to redirect resources to their new launcher beta for example.