Eve DB query

Hi there, I’ve come back to doing stuff with the eve db dump after a long hiatus from playing around with it and have pretty much forgotten more than I currently know.

I’m hoping someone can help me as this is starting to drive me crazy. Is there a table in the eve db dump that lists what power slot a mudule is fitted to? I’ve been looking for ages and I can’t seem to see anything. I know getting this info is done through elaborate join queries but I’m stumped as to what table to draw that info from. For instance, a Stasis Webifier II is a midslot item, where in the DB is that attribute listed for the module and how would I query it to get the result I need?

any insight on this is greatly appreciated :slight_smile:

You are looking for the Dogma (dgm) tables. dgmEffects will tell you what each effect is/does, and dgmTypeEffects will be where you will find the effects that each type has.

You will see dgmEffects and dgmAttributes, the best way I can find to explain the difference there is that Effects are all boolean, the type either has them or it doesn’t (such as the slot required) whereas attributes have associated values (such as ammo capacity).

2 Likes

Thanks for the heads-up, that was really useful :slight_smile:

I’ve got one more question; after trawling through the db, how could I find out the warp speed of a given ship? attributeID 600 gives the multiplier (default is 3) and attributeID 1281 gives the ship warp value (default is 0). How would I, for example, go about determining the warp speed of a stiletto from the parameters I can unearth? What table am I missing? I can’t seem to find anything else anywhere else =/

Thanks in advance for any pointers on this :slight_smile:

Never mind, after grinding away at the DB I finally have the answer :smiley:

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.