EVE Gate Shutdown – Wednesday September 27th

Da fck is this for a bull sht answer son? You want to tie your game to a arm code while i do not have a arm device? No i do not have a smartphone. Why do i need one? To connect to facebook? I have other things to do in life than chatting perhaps you on your desk have allot of time.

Your are changing things we do not ask you to do. We do not ask to remove gate we do not ask you to make eve free to play we do not ask you to remove web browser in game we do not ask you to remove music player. We do not ask for avatar game.

Do i need to continue?

I think we are talking the same languages here you speak like this we speak like this.

CCP_Falcon you are rude and forcing things we do not ask you to do. You want to kill this game than shut it down or sell it instead of removing things and change we do not ask.

4 Likes

So users without Android or Apple phones are left in the dark?
This is no solution and it seems you are promoting people to login to the game more then to offer an e-mail service.

The main problem now is that you see mail messages too late.
Of course there are other social media to connect too for that but EvE gate will be missed.

Falcon’s work must be hard. From one side the enraged community, and from another the management full of greedy people that dont understand its community and dont want to have anything to do with it. Falcon must oscilate between those two environments, like a two headed snake with one body. :thinking:

Like two sinusoids, different phase, the same amplitude, it crosses only sometimes in common points.

4 Likes

this makes the only backwards as logic game… where I cant simply sign in at the games forums to perform and communicate with my contacts thru simple email… and MUST have a fawking smartphone to do the most simpliest thing. makes perfect sense… some millennial in those offices cant detach themselves from their freaking phone mentality.

To be fair to the people on either side of him, a lot of it’s definitely Falcon’s own fault with how he talks like he’s a random user on Reddit here and not like a CM talking to his companies customer base.

1 Like

Free 21st century smart phones bought by CCP? Need one, too! And maybe my 20st century internet connection in this part of my country can handle that much information :wink:

1 Like

Mario_2

1 Like

Oh dang my gif didn’t work. nevermind I fixed it :smile:

I’m sure it sounds like this on his desk when CCP announces something and the forums are full of locked threads, the community is being petulant and crazy…

2 Likes

Yeah, super, and what should i do as a WindowsPhone user? And please spare me the comments, how gread Android and iPhone are. I have to work with them, so i know them pretty well.

1 Like

As it stands, your options (not including using an Android or iPhone) are to:

• Login to Tranquillity
  • Use a third party website someone else has developed
  • Create your own
  • Deploy your own copy of a website someone else has developed (If you’re worried about spies)

What an horrible answer, that doesn’t help at all. You should just have said buy a new phone.

None of what you suggest are applicable to replace Eve gate.

Either you need to be able to install sofware even a server to access your eve-mail remotely, or you have to give access to your mail to a 3rd party.

Both things you never add to do with eve gate.

2 Likes

There is also one more option - complain. :wink:

Hey, it can be constructive criticism all right. In response to a destructive CCP behavior. :psyccp:

1 Like

Too bad most of your post aren’t constructive at all…

Not everything must be. Sometimes its about expressing ourselves, our opinions. CCP can construct their own on the basis of these opinions. :wink:

As the developers of one of those 3rd party webpages I have to say it’s not a bad answer but simply true. One might argue that buying a new phone is an option, but please post that and you will have more people screaming at you, after all that’s what Falcon said which lead to people go crazy about his wording and so on. When it comes to third party tools… Don’t forget that most of the developers do that because they do enjoy eve. Eve is a game of spies and scams and all that stuff yes but just speaking for myself, I wouldn’t risk my access to the game by using a 3rd party tool to do something along that line.

Just to be clear, with evemail.fuzzwork.co.uk I do not get access to your evemail.

It happens entirely on your computer.

You have 2 things protecting you here:

A: I’ve stated this. The developers agreement I’ve had to agree to have access to Authed ESI means that if I mislead people wrt what an app does, CCP will take it as a breach, and probably ban me.

B: I don’t care about your mail. It’s just not of any interest to me.

you’re

It was rather strange it was suggested to keep up with 21’st century. That may be a very controversial statement with people who remember good old times. Building pyramids and stuff.

Those newfangled things? wouldn’t touch em with yours, a Henge was always good enough for my generation.

1 Like

You’d still be saying that in the 22nd century when people are getting microchips installed in their head. ‘What’s the problem of having my phone installed in my head? It’s so convenient. You’re a crazy old person living in the last century!!’