EVE Gate Shutdown – Wednesday September 27th

Also, I forgot to mention this in my last post, but I mostly used EVE Gate for the broadcast function (although I did like the webmail feature as well). I’m likely one of the few who does, but I’d like to see a return of broadcasts if something like EVE Gate returns.

2 Likes

On it m8, making an Eve Gate replacement as I type, well… better than Eve Gate :sweat_smile:

1 Like

The source code for spacemail.tk is available here:
https://bitbucket.org/snitchashor/spacemail
All you need is php5.5+ curl and a mysqldatabase, which you could probably get for free. If you wanna try it upfront, use an alt with no important mails.

2 Likes

Not bad m8!

1 Like

I am surprised so many people would rather do an alternative service to what CCP retired, instead of putting more weight on CSM or organizing for a week not logging in at all and stopping buying PLEX or paying subscriptions. I dont think its because CCP is worth it, its rather that people want to be organized and have fun, despite CCP doing anything to make it difficult.

:clinking_glasses:

7 Likes

I disagree… CCP should be focusing on adding more in-game content and should continue to expose EVE through API’s so that us muddles can build stuff.

1 Like

What weight do you think can be put on us?

We all recognize that it’s less than ideal, the way this has happened. We also realise that CCP has limited resources, which are being used on a fair variety of projects for Eve.

Falcon wasn’t blowing smoke up your ass with the following quote, however much you might think it.

1 Like

The app actually works pretty well for me. So…I’ve probably jinxed it now.

I dont think Falcon words are worth much as of now. But you, you have to keep delivering, EVE community have to stick together, against all the odds.

3 Likes

Sorry but thats riducolous. After all EVE is a game and things like Eve gate are just the cherry on top. Just because you got used to it doesn’t mean its worth any edtra effort not being put into the actual game.

1 Like

What extra effort are you talking about?
Anyway, I see people coming up with solutions and that good.
I also think its why CCP can get away with a lot of stuff. Because they have such adult audience that can adult for CCP.

I am using forum modifications, I am using tools provided by community, CCP should be thankffull to have you guys, I mean it.

2 Likes

Is the EVE app at least available as an APK somewhere or is it only possible to get it via playstore?

Access lists can help with bulk contact management.

You can use access lists to easily share a handy list of chars/corps/alliances between your alts/friends, and with such lists, you can do ctrl+A or shift-select many at once, then drag them onto contact window (over the empty area below labels, both personal and corp contact window work). You still have to select level for each contact, but I’ve imported close to a thousand contacts this way, in less than maybe 10 minutes. There are many quirks though, took me lots of trial and error to figure things out.

Dragging from contact window onto access list to export or take backup is very fast, main limit is the contact window only showing 50 at once.

Feel free to mail me if you need more clarification.

SP rewards for people who fix the stuff they won’t?

2 Likes

I already gave some PLEX to the person who made avatar forum modification, so maybe that? A gift from CCP from time to time for a community service. :woman_shrugging:

1 Like

Out of game management of things such as skill queues, industry, and market orders are, from a player standpoint, a definitive ■■■■ that ■■■■ request. The last thing you’d want is people being able to use the out of game tools to program bots, which is also why ESI is read-only for industry and market orders.

As for your api keys, those are only relevant to XML/CREST, deprecating between December and May. And you understand that ESI tells you exactly what someone is asking to see? See this as an example. It’s very explicit in what it asks you to allow. Dont want it to be able to do that? Hit cancel and go about your life. Change your mind later on? That’s a bit more difficult 'cause the SSO team is bogged down by literally everything and the interface for doing that is a bit more tedious.

And as @Steve_Ronuken has said, ESI application devs (not ccp devs) cannot use any information provided by a user’s access authorization in an EVESkunk style. We do, CCP shuts down our app access and quite likely bans us from being able to develop any other apps (you need an eve account to log in to the app dev site). Frankly, EVESkunk was only possible because people dont periodically invalidate their old API keys, and the XML api provided a means for scraping through evemails to siphon off more keys, which yielded more points of entry for an eve-style ‘wiretap.’ If Steve tried that, he’d be out the door as an ESI app dev damn quick, and would crash and burn his reputation as well :stuck_out_tongue:

The iOS version says “search” now. My main complaint with it before was when you replied to a mail, the textbox was only one line tall, which means you stopped seeing what you typed very quickly. It works now.

I want EVE Gate back.

2 Likes

The “EVE gate is shut down” landing page displayed an “EVE | GATE” graphic logo in the first few days, but the link is broken now. My OCD wants to fix it.

2 Likes

All very interesting, but aside from the first paragraph (perhaps?) I’m not sure what it has to do with what I said or what you’re saying :confused:

Did you link this to the wrong post or (a distinct possibility) am I just being dense?