EVE Is Dangerous. Yeah Right

But if you go up a bit in the thread, then you will see I asked Balos about this specific issue.

What exactly does eve PvE offer that other MMO’s don’t already offer in a better form? If you really think about it, eve PvE is very simplistic in nature and cannot compete with other MMO’s and their PvE mechanics.

All eve has that is unique and what makes it distinct from other MMO’s is asset destruction and a working economy. A working economy is dependent on assets leaving the game. So I suppose, you can see why people are skeptical, when someone wants to remove a fundamental part of what makes eve unique.

1 Like

That is change, look in dictionary if you don’t know.
But take recent dictionary, language change in tme too. If you do not believe try to read original Shakespeare’s works, you’ll be surprised. :sunglasses:

Touche. I like you. :grin:

I meant as a degree of change, for example a ground up redesign is not the same as a lick of paint.

Not a complete re-model just a few small changes in high-sec, he has not proposed any changes for null-sec or low-sec. Unless I have missed some posts which could be possible i’m not infallible. A lot of people just walk away from the game and has been reported as such constant wardeccs and general griefing are the main cause in my opinion.

People these days just want to chill and relax, not get stressed out looking over shoulders all the time. Null alliances are ever increasing and as we can attest Delve is the industrial might, full of rock suckers under a capital umbrella and those who want to pvp blob en-mass. While everyone not out in null stay’s in high-sec under the concord retribution umbrella. While low-sec dies a horrible death and faction warfare is a shadow to what it once was, even though nulli has come back to low. To little to late, the game sorely needs a change and possibly a change in direction. Having said that I am but one player in game of tens of thousands if not hundreds of thousands, and all playstyles should be catered for surely it’s time? The purely pvp metric is close to killing this game and for me it’s a shame we all like Eve and are passionate about it, or we would not post here at all.

You make a valid point and I am not sure how to proceed.

Yes I understand your point the market is integral to the games continuation, of that I have no doubts. To be honest its a complete mess a decade and half of part fixes coupled with major direction changes, PA have purchased a live grenade.

The gaming industry has changed since the wild west days and a lot of what Eve is would not be tollerated in any other mmo, coupled with that the gaming clientele’s are from a different era i.e millenials and expectations are different, our player base are older and have different expectations but without the influx of new players our beloved game dies and we all know it. So something has to give a compromise has to be made, for all our sakes.

2 Likes

Why do some people want to continue to conflate changing/fixing some long term and well known faulty War Deccing mechanics with the option of removing all PvP in HS? The first is long overdue and shown to be critical for part of the problem of player retention. The latter tries to recreate ED played on a private server. As a long term PvE player, fix the WD mechanics and let the people keep playing the PvP game they love. Otherwise, go play ED in either of its forms.

1 Like

Yes i’m just proposing to make PVP impossible in high,nothing more nothing less…

All other sectors of the game remain untouched even under my agenda.

But the reaction i got was that of a loud minority(PVP) taunting me beeing selfish as a PVE’er in demanding an equality between PVE (having a safe spot from PVPin high) and PVP(having low and 0.0 for themselves).

So in the eyes of a(or maybe some) PVP’er me as a PVE’er is basically selfish if i want the same PVP has for 15 years now because this would mean PVP has to give up something of its so called “proterty” to PVE?

Isn’t it clear that a reaction like this raises question marks over my head and just challenges my resistance about a statement like this?

This is how the whole “discussion” started and it ended in doomsday scenarios of eve beeing killed if PVP in high would end and unproven crap like this.

ALL i suggested at first was a safe spot in high where PVP is just possible over the duel option(brought as an actual example of how it could work,because the duel option already exits),but even this suggestian escalted quick into a rage created only by the conservative dogmatists who filled the forum with doomsday posts…

But beside all this…and even after going through all this taunting,beeing called a jerk,a troll,or a guy who has no clue about this game(because “eve is a PVP game”)i still think PVE has the RIGHT to have a place where it can roam without beeing disturbed by any kind of PVP…it’s just ist a matter of good will…and of justice.

If it comes down to a risk and reward thing, do you feel that there should be very little reward if there’s no risk?

You see, this is the outcome that CCP and PA do not want. They want as much as possible subscribers. If that is not possible they will choose the most feasible group they can draw to Eve.
No dogma, no history, no forum posts, not you, not me, will change that.

This is already the case…

Rewards in low,0.0 and wormhole space are significant higher,no need for a change here even without PVP in high…

There will be enough people that would be satisfied with the benefits they get in high if they are just safe in there…

I’m not even against lifting UP the gain in low and 0.0 or wh space if one decides to take the risk of beeing killed…

But there should be a CHOICE.

Those securities scale nicely with risk, but that’s not the subject matter I guess I wanna get into. I’m talking highsec and without a complete overhaul (no PVP of any kind) what should be the case for the PVE? What’s the give and take? I hope your’e not a have cake and eat it too type

1 Like

Another dogma. We are living in competitive capitalist world, you must understand that all that has diminished profits will be removed.

Ok, but the drone loot nerf is insignificant when compared to the neutering that high sec pvp got.

Which is why i said what i did.

Isn’t it obvious that high would become more irrelevant under my agenda?
That maybe even the major tradehubs would move to low?

I’m totally aware of that but this is NOT what it’s all about…
It’s about a matter of equality between PVE and PVP…those who don’t like PVP stay in high,those who only want PVP stay in low and the in-betweeners can roam in both parts playing a PVE or a PVP role whereever they are at the moment.

The dogmatists call this “selfish”(because it would disturb their selfishness) and “carebearing”(because they would have to adapt) but in my eyes it’s only justice…

yeah but lets face it, losing your ship and losing loop holes where you can be flashy red without npcs response is all a joke.

You need to show us where you got that from because even ccp have always said high sec is not safe.

1 Like

So if it is a joke whre is the problem to get rid of it in a clearly specified part of the game?

Again you and “facts”, first you show YOUR facts and then ask other for their facts.

Till then STFU :rofl:

He’s literally using quotation marks dumbass

Yes for 15 years…but as someone said here before time changes,expectations of the market at a game changes and so do opinions.

In the same way CCP has to adapt…like it or not…