EVE Is Dangerous. Yeah Right

I might actually have to login sometime. Got some holiday at the end of the month; I may have to get my hands a little bloody.

Says who?

Most Eve PvE is shite when compared to other games, better than it used to be but still shite.

Iā€™m a consumer of PvE, what keeps it interesting is the stuff that people like Balos would like to see removed.

1 Like

Leaving players is not enough evidence that a change is needed?

Your fortune tellers tell you that itā€™s because of less PVP in the past,i say itā€™s because the change to PVE was just half way cooked and has not gone far enough for the mass of PVEā€™ers to stayā€¦

Wellā€¦the further actions of PA/CCP will tell which opinion THEY haveā€¦but in MY opinion the past actions clearly show the course they will setā€¦MORE PVE,more INSTANCES,dailies and maybe even some kind of loot boxes(because PA is in charge) who knows? :slight_smile:

ALL THIS will NOT be the end of EVE as some doomsday tellers said,maybe ANOTHER EVE but not the endā€¦

And,even if you try itā€¦thereā€™s nothing for you to do about it than quitting the game in rageā€¦ :slight_smile:

So the trend of making highsec safer, has resulted in more people leaving the game.

Itā€™s as if, making the game more boring and bland results in players losing interest.

I have a hard time seeing how your arguments show that a huge number of subs will come, once highsec is completely safe.

Logic maybe?

Safe spots are what is ā€œnormalā€ in mmog today,normal and wantedā€¦and you REALLY think it has nothing to do with people subscribing?

No, not to finish it consistently and to compromise on half-baked compromises let the people leaveā€¦MY suggestion would have workedā€¦half baked like in the past are just cowardly

Eve has never been normal, itā€™s bucked the mainstream trends for its entire existence; doing so is probably one of the reasons itā€™s still going.

CCP have never set out to be a competitor to Blizzard or any of the other behemoths of the gaming world, they know that theyā€™d have been obliterated like so many have.

Their past investors have understood this, Iā€™m fairly sure PA do too. CCP have a reputation for innovation and community; these alone are worth a fortune to PA, not all investments producing fiscal rewards.

Eve has always occupied a niche outside of the mainstream, an oldskool no holds barred universe that is stunning both visually and in complexity and scope.

There are thousands of mainstream games to choose from, none offer what Eve does, which is why many of us choose to play Eve and not the others.

You should stick to the others, they offer what you want; Eve offers many of us what we want.

1 Like

But do you have ANYTHING that supports this claim?

Iā€™m pretty sure, CCP donā€™t want to bet their cash cow on ā€œBalos has a gut feelingā€.

Concord does not protect, it only punishes you really need to go back and re-read your lore and the game mechanics scrub.

2 Likes

time for a change then

They cannot and this is the problem hereā€¦they try to defend the status of 2003 with claws and teeth because this is all they know and haveā€¦

A change would be inconviniend and so it hasnā€™t to happenā€¦

can be change,
Constitution of some countries, names of some countries, areas of some countries has been changed from 1989 and ā€œdefinition of EVEā€ is a sacred cow and can not be changed :rofl:

I feel like itā€™s okay to share this againā€¦ So I mentioned killing this guy in another post.

As you can see, some nice bits dropped. Which has me fitting my own Venture with the wreckage from his!

Itā€™s a beautiful cycleā€¦ this game is unique. One carebear can entirely cannibalize another carebearā€¦ :bear: :meat_on_bone:

2 Likes

If I may be so bold as to speak for others.

@Balos_Tritapo if we wanted the same things as you want, we wouldnā€™t have chosen to play Eve, weā€™d be playing something else.

Eve clearly doesnā€™t offer what you want from a game, Elite dangerous offers much of what Eve offers, and much in the way of things that you apparently want from a spaceships game.

Eve is not the game for you, there is no shame in admitting it and leaving graciously.

2 Likes

sorry, what are you talking about again???

I am talking about EvE, not sure what you want to discuss going to have to flag your post.

1 Like

Hey Omar I have a few combat alts laying around, think ill join you in this mission.

None taken just because we have differing opinions does not mean we cannot be civil with each other and on that note i chucked you a like. o7

I happen to agree with Balos that change is inevitable and to back that statement up, just look at instanced pvp being introduced. On a par with other MMOā€™s, not yet but its incoming. Once they have analyzed the tracker that has been introduced as well, more changes may be implemented. I donā€™t always agree with Balos and the way he goes about it, but some of his points are quite valid in my opinion.

Go on.

I was ā€œflaggedā€ in IRL too. And at the end of the day was victorious, why ?
Because of experience and better judgement. I was not dogmatic stubborn like you, I adopted and overcome. Eve will adopt and overcome to new time and new time.
You can accept it or not but it will be.
This kind of Eve is dangerous because he tries to persuade people not to make changes.

To a certain degree youā€™re right, it is. Eve is in a state of constant flux between change and adaption to change.

What Balos is proposing however, that isnā€™t just change, itā€™s a complete remodel.