EVE Launcher build 1385477 beta release for linux

So yeah, with WINE 4.0rc4-1 this thing moves. Its gorgeous and its a lot smoother than I ever thought WINE could ever produce.

Pretty pleased with the results, since this is my first foray into Linux gaming, last frontier is to try and figure out how to get Discord to play nice with KDE, that is all that is left before I declare it full up round.

dx11_test

Haha dx11 prefomance isn’t close to as optimized however. Still pretty but I won’t be using dx11 if there is PvP in the cards.

Happy New Year!
The only thing wat you now missed are DXVK, this will push you graphics performance a lot. :wink:
I don’t know if Manjaro has this in his repos, Archlinux have it. But you can it install with evewinetricks dxvk only for EVE (when you use my scripts ofc).

Well Manjaro is an arch fork, so while it isn’t supported for the most part if it works on arch it will run on manjaro.

…I do have to confess though I am a little loathe to mess with it. I just spent a legit 18 hours getting eve to work at all. On the other hand I am running a 4.20 kernel and the latest mesa driver already…

That was a rather odd one, I couldn’t get your scripts to work, I went through all of the steps, but it fails during unpack for some reason. So I am basically using the CCP stuff from a local WINE installation after a pile of trial and error, mostly error.

As I noted, I am comfortable in Linux, I am not that comfortable with WINE at all. There is more than enough rope to hang myself in there.

No problem you can with winetricks install dxvk anyhow just with winetricks dxvk but you must know, where your wine environment from EVE are. Should be $HOME/.eve/wineenv afair. If thats the case so you should use

env WINEPREFIX=$HOME/.eve/wineenv winetricks dxvk

give it a try.

Well its dinner time. So I’ll have a minute to think it over before I break everything (again, for like the 8th time) and have to start over

:rofl:

ok have a good one :smile:

So yeah, looking at my launcher, “use custom wine” is checked and the path is the wine4.0rc4-1 installed with pacman in /usr/bin

So that is where it gets a little funky, I am trying to get smart on WINE now, because I really don’t feel like starting from scratch.

Have a look in your $HOME dir, i dont mean the install path from wine, the wine environment in your $HOME are important. (on my way to setup discord to made this easier)

Yeah that is what I am trying to figure out.

$HOME/.wine/c_drive
bash: /home/ken/.wine/c_drive: No such file or directory

winecfg works.

But I am not sure how to located and examine the prefix I am actually using. Like I said 18 hours of fired, I don’t remember exactly WTH I did.

Do you use the linux eve launcher or have you installed the windows eve launcher with wine?
In case, you use the linux launcher then use on konsole this

env WINEPREFIX=$HOME/.eve/wineenv winetricks dxvk

The EVE environment are hardwired so it should be there if you have nothing in EVE.conf changed

Its the Linux evelauncher, that I am pretty sure, though I have the windows binary sitting there I never unpacked it.

So this is where its starting to annoy me. Everything says that the $ECHOs should pull up a GUI, that isn’t the case I keep getting these sort of things.

$HOME/.wine/drive_c
/home/user/.wine/drive_c: Is a directory <—Yeah, noted. Which isn’t giving me any sort of warm fuzzy.

Though I have located the .wine file that I think is my prefix. in my /home/user directory.

Of course my launcher is pointed at /usr/bin, and winetricks lives there as well, I am assuming that is a default with installation?

It is but its not what we search atm. The default wine prefix are $HOME/.wine thats right but EVE uses his own prefix which i has described before. So if you would some changes do on EVE’s prefix you must use as parameter EVE’s prefix in your case $HOME/.eve/wineenv

Right that is what I am saying

$HOME doesn’t show me anything it tells me either no such file exists, or “is a directory”

So as it stands I am looking at the prefix… I can cd into it .win, and its got the mono, installer, system, system32 etc.

$HOME/.eve/wineve
/home/user/.eve/wineve: No such file or directory

This is why I am loathe to touch any of this ■■■■…

its called $HOME/.eve/wineenv mention the double E. just copy my command from some posts before and paste it on konsole

Which changes nothing.

$HOME/.eve/wineenv
bash: /home/user/.eve/wineenv: No such file or directory

Like I said litterally looking at it

ls
dosdevices  drive_c  system.reg  userdef.reg  user.reg

Do you have discord running? I set it up right now so we can talk through this.
Try a cd $HOME/.eve and made there an ls -la

No Discord doesn’t want to play nice with KDE