We already have a fitting simulation, to test fits based on your current skills. That’s great. But I also see a need to have a combat simulation room, where you can dock up, run a simulated fit into another combat simulation, where you get instanced into a simulated pocket where maybe have a new station service you pay a fee for, then there’s a drop down box where you can choose a simulation type (1 vs 1, missions, incursions, abyssal), mission level, named pve content, incursion test, and once your hp hits 0, the simulation ends
The best way for me to learn in PvP is to fight my friends until the other one admits defeat by saying the word “stop”.
Afterwards we ask and answer all questions from the other to support each other learning.
By the way you mentioned people living on Sissy permanently… Yeah I met a bunch of those people. It seemed to be younger players that didn’t have access to job income. They just wanted to have fun and shoot each other.
I don’t see any reason a simulated PVP session would be bad for the game either. I’d spend a lot of time in there. Of all the things I do in this game… Fitting my own ships and making plans for PVP tactics is the most fun.
You know what would be cool? If it was like the Captain’s quarters where people would meet inside the station… To have simulated fights like some sort of station service or traveling tournament. We could call it… Cyberspace. Jack-in the Matrix.
I get the idea that no one would be willing to risk anything while trying to find out if a ship or fitting works or not. You would just “test” it in simulations until you have a 100% failsave method to run any kind of content.
Basically what people did to the Abyss on the test server.
The only thing I’d agree to would be a Singularity Server with all content disabled. No missions, no abyssals, non incursions, no ratting sites. No player structures, just an empty mirror-universe where you could meet with some friends and try dunk it out against each other without burning hundreds of millions or even billions of ISK every try (that you then would need to grind back with boring hours of PvE…).
Open Sisi and have this an active thing on ship loss. You lose SP when you lose a ship and then also when you lose a pod. Create the old system where you had to update your pod on destruction and make it mandatory with TQ isk, PLEX or real money to FC.
Id be okay with a test server that costs you something under those sort of circumstances. Let them test stuff, but they have to pay for it.
What you say is that you’d be ok with devs wasting time and money maintaining a server under rules that are worse than just do stuff on TQ, meaning that people asking for it would not use it. You’re ok with something worse, as it lead to dev time and FC money wasted, at a loss.
If you are against something, just say it plainly.
Actually you think that itd be at a loss yet thats not what I said. Costing them not in time or having to code anything beyond what SiSi is just at a constant real life fee actually makes FC money not detracts from anything.
Comprehension doesnt seem to be a strong suit here… because it makes it worse than TQ to do the same thing and costs them more.
If you want a stronger veiled answer, say whatever you wish.
Then you’d buy PLEX for 100 ISK and re-inject all of it.
The whole purpose of Sisi is that people can test features (so FC gan get feedback or data) and for that being accessible to as much players as possible, even those who don’t have the skills on TQ, is simply nessessary. Especially when testing stuff that requires new skills that no one on TQ has.
I say it because I hate people, other than FC using it for mass testing, to test everything they want to in game. I had the opportunities to do so too over the years but never did simply because that to me was cheating. Doing it “live” on the TQ server was the only way to me. So I am deeply annoyed with it. As for creating a way to make people pay for it would be the only way, tongue in cheek and very sarcastically, to “test” things out.
I understand that thered have to be work arounds to the idea and Im not super serious with my proposal. I think testing is cheating. Do it live or dont do it at all.
Yet if you had to pay for the right FC can create its own pay scale to ensure that they make money off it. I think testing other than the live TQ server is cheating and yes I am vindictive enough to make someone pay through the nose for the right to do so so that noone really does. Do it live or dont do it at all.