EVE Online: Into The Abyss - General Feedback

I already knew that. With so many stating it as fact when there is no proof is stupid.

Now you understand?

So I just ran 8 T3s on a highsec alt because I was bored, and I got 0 (zero!) filaments and less than 10m in loot in each site. Did they nerf these things again or am I just horribly unlucky? Even had 1-2 empty loot boxes in almost every site.

T3’s aren’t “hard”, but still require way more effort than missions and I’m actually at a net loss after 8 sites due to exotic/gamma filament prices.

Added in a Firestorm to see if it made any difference, 1 empty box + 70 zero-point condensates over the other two. Total value: 8-9m. Reee.

1 Like

T4 and T5 are much better loot afaik, as it should be.

The Remove Bookmark option in the bookmarks right click menu has no red exclamation mark.

Furthermore, why is it not possible to access the Remove Bookmark option in the right click menu? This option should be in there by now.

I heard that a successful roll on a xtype large neut could bring in a few billions.

Something is up for sure… I did about the same this morning before needed to head out. I ran 6 T3’s and got very little and at least 50% of them were empty…

2 Likes

Yep, either my Abyssmal luck is rolling, or T3s are literally less profitable than level 2 missions now, on average. Reeee.

1 Like

RIP Abyssal Space. At least for high-sec players…

1 Like

While I have to say that I have enjoyed running the abyss sites thus far, I’m just about done with them. Especially since this “loot nerf” or whatever people are calling it. They simply aren’t worth the risk of a billion ISK ship or more… I have run a huge amount of these and I still have yet to see the battleship BPC and I’ve only gotten one frigate bpc and even that is a single run now. I certainly haven’t seen the suits… lol…

the triglavian frigate and cruiser the are trash for solo game, make this ships usable in pve

Yes, because what the Abyssal content really needed was more loot nerfs so that the only group who could capitalize on them was null-sec. All the Triglavian ships are trash.

They will always suck for PVE by design; the spool up mechanic doesn’t work in PVE where you constantly have to switch targets unless the numbers are so ridiculous that they’d be broken once fully charged. Unless the concept is scrapped as a whole, these things will be niche at best and so loot value will continue to plummet.

Niche ships don’t work. We had the CONCORD ships (junk), Monitor Flagship (more junk) and then the Triglavian line (also junk). I’m beginning to see a pattern here…

1 Like

Well, this tends to happen when half of the CCP devs leave or get terminated over the last year

2 Likes

It also happens when you fall out-of-touch with your player base.

2 Likes

I mean, when a dev calls the minmatar logistics a Huginn, that kind of shows half of them don’t play their own game.

1 Like

What happen when we disconneted while in AP? Insta kill, or is there a chance to log back and try to salvage the disaster?

The site will continue until the timer runs out or you die from dps. If you’re orbiting a rat and get disconnected, and the rat somehow dies, your ship will fly in one direction and hit the site’s border, where you will also die.

1 Like

Incidentally, I’ve found 2 filaments from 1 WH data site (the lower-tier pirate rat ones) and 0 filaments from 3 HS data sites… I take it there’s higher drop rate for WH and perhaps NS?

I’ve only been running t1+t2+t3 and my closest call came in a t2 when I got a socket disconnect RIGHT after using the filament and before I could turn on my repper/AB… I logged back in from the launcher faster than I ever have before in my eve life to the sound of my armor alarm. Got my repper going overheated, same with the AB, was at 20% armor before the reps landed… very, very, very close one. it was a gamma and thank god my Sac had 93% explosive resists pre-environmental effects from double EANM and native anti-Minmatar t2 resists.

I was nowhere near the border because I didn’t have my prop mod on yet. If you can still hit rats from the can, I recommend orbiting the can, because the can won’t die until you tell your weapons (or your drones) to kill it, so if you DC there, you at least won’t have to deal with border issues by the time you log back in… the rats, OTOH, and the 20 minute timer, OTOH… are still plenty lethal.

Oh, and my 20 minute timer was not showing once I reconnected, BTW. Good thing I had a pretty good idea of about when I entered from when my DC/reconnect was.