EVE Online: Into The Abyss - General Feedback

There are forms of PVE where you shoot one thing for a good long time. tanky battleships and towers in incursions, structures/stations in missions/DED sites/escalations, NPC rat capitals out in null, and drifter BSes in WHs.

I think the Leshak might be pretty good in those roles… but they are far from the majority of PVE combat, for sure. I’d still like to try it for regular ol’ L4s as well, but ONLY the ones with lots of battleships and very little sub-BS rats (which the drones can handle, I guess). Gone Berserk, Blood Mining Manipulation or whatever, things like that…

… OTOH… Blockade, Dread Pirate Scarlet, and Pirate Invasion would be tempting as they have lots of BSes… but they also have lots of cruisers and frigs. Maybe with an alt on grid with a different ship (marauder or mach or rattlesnake, say).

Still, in the end, it’s probably best for shooting structures. POS, POCO for sure… dunno about citadels.

The spool up isnt the problem, it’s how CCP implemented it. There is already a ship that made spool up dmg viable, they call it the void ray. If CCP thought through they would of used that effect so that the new ships can now engage multiple targets.

I just want when the launcher is downloading things, and I click on the patch notes, it actually goes to ‘patch notes’. Right now it just goes to the main Abyss Release info. Major feature release is not the same as actual running version patch notes and doesn’t exactly give any hints as to what changed and what we can expect to have fixed.

The Void Ray doesn’t lose its charge when changing targets, so unless they completely change how these work it is not comparable.

Yeah, but we’re talking minutes for these things to spool and reach parity with other high damage weapon systems. You then have to account for the time it was doing below parity damage with other weapon systems, and you get a result that there are VERY few PVE places where a single target stays alive and in range that long. Only ones I can think of are null capital spawns or DED site bosses (maybe wormholes, don’t have any real wormhole PVE experience). Even then, a Leshak alone won’t have the damage even at full spool to kill a null dread spawn even if it can somehow tank it for the minutes to get up to speed.

That’s what I’m saying, if they followed the void ray then the new ships wouldn’t be a liability. They should of made a 10 second spool down in which you could change ammo types or change targets without having to respool.

Killing npc caps is best done in player caps

1 Like

That’s my point. One of the only places this may work is already done better by something else, so these things are pointless and niche at best.

1 Like

I’ve been in fleets that kill drifter BSes at the end of c5 and c6 sites and it takes way longer to chew through a drifter BS’s EHP than a sleeper BS. minutes. so a Leshak (or say a few Leshaks with logi support) would be able to get near their full ramp-up, I’d think. And even if not, that drifter BS would be going down nice and fast. mmmmmyeah.

I’m done running these sites. 6 starving leshaks plus a striking leshak and three fogcasters spawned on me in a tier 5 exotic, and I was almost completely capped out before I could even get in range to do much damage to them.

I get much, much better ISK running level 5 missions at much less risk. It’s just not as pretty or unpredictable, and that’s unfortunate. But it’s been a net loss in the tens of billions for me, so there’s no point in throwing more ISK at it.

6 Likes

✓ Resource Wars
✓ Forward Operating Bases
? Abyssal Space

Aren’t we @ 3 strikes already here?

1 Like

idk if anyone has asked or thought of it or whatnot but um

capital abyssal sites?

capitals abyssal mutations? … cough cough

CCP can place restrictions as well on other class or type abyssal sites, which only come from high sec, low sec, null and wh…

they could be different, offer better mutations or loots, but require more difficult to train ships, or a fleet of ships, even class of ship like capitals. Could add a TYPE of escalation with capital ships. or some require a fleet of them. if their AI worked well with the FOB thing… maybe something similar to that effect?

could be different to wh escalations as well, if they have plans to change wh space that is.

1 Like

I just now noticed that BPO contracts also list the ME/TE values. Pretty nice. :slight_smile: Was this activated recently? The patch notes say it was added on 12th of June but I can’t remember having seen the info displayed before this weekend.

1. remove time limit on being in abyssal space.
  2. add proximity based snappable hex tiles for pi instead of circles. it takes forever to line circles up in straight lines. just make them hex tiles that snap edge to edge when you get as close as possible.
    @CCP_Falcon
2 Likes

like because im assuming what all three of those have in common is they all suck and are dead content that no one participates in.

as far as being out of touch its been that way for a long time. they need fresh blood in ccp and to get rid of the offending people who greenlight these constant bad ideas. its why i stopped logging in and let me account lapse. the games just too stale and not going in the right direction.

2 Likes

Overall I have enjoyed what has been given to us this release.

A couple questions regarding the precursor weapons;
I can understand why only one Disintegrator but why limit them to there specific ship, that is quite countrary to how almost everything has ever been in eve. Is it possible/practical to limite them to one module of that type and remove the hull restriction?
Secondly about those weapons, when capital T2 and Faction weapons were released they allowed the Faction weapons to use T2 charges and it was rather surprising that these couldn’t also.

Covert Cloaks.
Bomb launchers.
Bastion.
Siege.
Triage.
Doomsday.
Need I list more items restricted to specific ships?
It most certainly is Eve like that specific items are restricted to certain ships or classes.

grapplers
ADC
target spectrum breakers
fighters
(covert) jump generators
bubble
Hbbl
covert cyno

Turrets

Oh wait

since were on turrets again when are the smallest of each turret tier being rebalanced to be the turret equivlant of rapid light missile launchers. i.e. supburb at smaller targets but low damage on big targets.

this would be a more meaningful change than making novelty weapons for novelty ships no one flies.