Once again you just pluck figures out of thin air. Never mind that you’ve been told umpteen times that CCPs own stats showed ( as Arthur Aihakhen points out above ) that the average EVE player has 2.6 accounts…NOT 5.
As with your every post, you just invent things to suit your narrative. And you keep on presenting the lies no matter how many times you are given the actual stats.
Look, Uta is troll that is for sure. But the officical data presented by CCP is useless bs.
It doesn’t specifically say that those accounts are omega, very possibly not.
We don’t know how did CCP calculated players. My bet is that they are using something like total amount of unique players ever signed, probably based on email as IP can be shared, or perhaps active in last X years.
This would explain why is the number so low, especially if it most likely doesn’t count omega accounts.
Same as when CCP sent as an email with our yearly stats where even the players who played for 7days in whole year were champions when CCP paired their stats with millions of inactive players in their database.
I think that the better question is how many players are still playing EVE, total. The various web articles that are rating MMOs claim it is over 2 millions. Possibly number given by CCP. Do you really think that there are 2 million active players out there when highest PCU was around 35k during an event?
Personal opinion. Sure there very well good be that 2 million players. But active in legal terms is not always what one thinks it does. Active could constitute a player logging on for a short as five minutes or longer once a year. In a game that is over 20 years and a triple A game as well. The 2 million number could very well be accurate on its face, but( note the word) active all depends on how FC counts those accounts as being active.
The 35K is just the number online at any one moment. There could be a completely different 35K logged in at 3pm to those at mid day. If the average player is online 3 hours or so ( which is what Google AI says ) then to maintain an average 35K you’d need 8 times that…or 280K players altogether. But that assumes the same players log in every day, and that’s unlikely, which means the true number may be much larger. So 2 million is not unreasonable…but that will range from those who log in for 5 minutes to those who are online 24/7.
The purpose of the EVE Online forums is to provide a platform for exchange of ideas, and a venue for the discussion of EVE Online. Occasionally there will be conflicts that arise when people voice opinions. Forum users are expected to courteous when disagreeing with others.
In order to maintain an environment where everyone is welcome and discussion flows freely, certain types of conduct are prohibited on the EVE Online forums. These are:
I think the real trick is to get every active human to do some kind of recruiting to the game. It’s a niche game, most people will bounce off very early but getting them to at least try it is a huge step forward in an entertainment medium saturated with trash and singleplayer-MMOs with zero reactivity.
I think it must be over 10 years since I heard from CCP Rise they wanted to remove fleet warp and similar high-level operations due to it reducing the average players involvement in a fight to simply pressing F1 and remaining aligned. The custom warp formations are very interesting to me but I can’t get them to work. I’ve played RTS games for over 25 years and even though unit occlusion is not in this game, it is still beneficial to your tracking to have superior fleet geometry when engaging a group.
I think most EVE players have spread the game. I introduced it to one of my close friends with whom we have a lot in common. He’s an actual gamer, in fact. At the time he was playing games in 10+ h sessions several days a week. Mainly World of Warcraft. And EVE is the only game I ever played. I got him an invite and he even subscribed for a couple of months. But that was all. He just couldn’t get into it. Went back to WoW. And I’m still here and EVE is still the only game I’ve played. Can’t understand WoW (he urged me to try and I didn’t get the point at all).
EVE is a very unconventional video game, where – if you’re the type who’s very interested in games, you won’t understand it. Fenris should gear their promotions to people who don’t play video games, as that’s where the real audience fit will be found, I think – among guys who don’t like video games.
This same question again? I drop in the forums on a monthly basis to find the same topics beaten by a wet noodle.
Answer is more than one, less than one billion. Why should it matter? Are you lonely? There are dating apps for that and can join corporations here. However I don’t suggest you start anything other than a friendship in a corp as most of the girls are guys and some guys are girls. I always like those corps who say +18 or mature players only… do you check IDs at the door?
For those of you who actually think, FC is in the dark on real numbers, who do you think has access to the database. It can count all the accounts up and filter them by all sorts of criteria.
“Hell, I can find out the temperature of your ass in that chair, if I really want to know.” – Harold Smith, Remo Williams 1985