Eve = Safe

Someones missing the point…

Did you not read any of my other ideas… The point is to be greeted by death at any moment… Safeties set to red and go out guns blazing

Still missing the point.

Jump fatigue allows smaller groups to participate in Capital warfare without the concern of larger groups from the other side of the map, third, fourth, and n’th partying to a fight just because a Carrier bumped off the docking ring somewhere in backwater Eve Online.

That may have created more exciting experience for the large groups, but it was very limiting to smaller groups trying to field their shinny new Capitals.

Since Jump Fatigue added, far more diverse groups using Capitals with a lot more Pvp overall.

1 Like

Nobody cares about capital pvp, it’s autistic and really I’m sure most of us would rather your ratting carrier get obliterated anytime it undocks. The real issue with null sec however is the horribly broken sov mechanics. The system needs to be completely revamped as nullsec is currently a carebear wonderland.

EDIT: CCP should do away with Null Sec bounties as well.

EDIT 2: Actually the nerf to force projection made pvp much worse for most of us as all the null cartels moved into lowsec and basically destroyed the small gang pvp environment that was there previously.

Too many assumptions…

I’m a dread pilot, and a lot of players care about Capital Pvp since it is usually the way a lot of fights escalate in Low Sec and Null Sec.

1 Like

Well you have nothing to worry about, CCP has been pandering to your lot for a long time and it doesn’t seem like their willing to stop even if it destroys the rest of the game… which it is currently doing.

Well, sometimes you have to live with the decisions of the past, wrong or right.

Personally I think Titans and Motherships should have never been introduced the way the were with the idea that the cost of them would limit their numbers.

And, Dreads and Carriers should have remained counter-structure and corp-level support as originally intended.

That would leave BS the largest Pvp ships and their would be far less hot drops to stifle small gang pvp.

That would have been a far better game environment, but with hind-sight 20/20, how do we get back to that without neutralizing a larger number of the player bases’ efforts over the last 10 years?

I don’t think you can without some sort of game server reset, which CCP says they will never do, for good reasons.

So you can either live with the consequences of the decisions made a decade ago and live with it or just be pissed off each time you are hot-dropped by some gang that has been sitting and waiting for hrs for that one target that makes it all worth while.

Me, I’m still looking for a reason to re-sub my accounts instead of just checking in once in a while as an Alpha Clone.

I’m becoming less and less optimistic that CCP will do anything except try and squeeze a little more life out of game that seems to be entering the twilight of its years.

And from the ideas I see on these forums, I doubt there will be anyone who can bring this game back to what is was before.

Too many divergent ideals as to what the game should even be.

1 Like

Right, so revamp the sov system to encourage null sec players to fight other null sec players and get their capital ship fairy tail out of low sec.

Fixed That For You. No rules, no problems. Space is then owned solely by those who declare it as claimed, and defend it as such, just like in highsec. How bad is the idea? The only reasoning behind it, that i have, is that broken, complex systems are repaired best by removing them, assuming that whatever it sat on top can still run by itself. And that it could!

“What about incentives?”, i hear a voice asking.

What about them? Greed is good? If people don’t want the space for what it offers, then maybe they’re the wrong people for said space? Do you want people to own space for the money, or because they want to own the space? I know what kind of player I’d prefer around myself.

The problem is that many of the players out there like the little maps of “owned” territory the Sov system allows them to create.

But yeah, the Sov system should just be removed.

you do know removing sov won;t actually cause fights to happen right? most of the fights are not happening because people don;t want to fight. They make more isk making agreements like ‘we spare but lets not touch sov’

1 Like

Right, so change the sov mechanics in a way that incentivizes people to fight.

Bring back the watchlist

2 Likes

Why?.

Because Eve = Safe and bringing back the watchlist makes Eve = Less Safe which is the way it should be.

1 Like

Yeah, I’ve know players from this group over the years and they’re never happy unless they can right-click-eject players from stations, hack ships to do the same, or infinity point any non-pvp ship with their gaze.

To be honest that can go both ways. If all you need to do is add a bunch of pilots to watchlist to know if you are going to be outnumbered, the. That’s making eve more safe.

Don’t get me wrong, I’m an advocate for the watchlist because I’m a selfish player that’s mostly interested in preserving the niches that I care about.

Yeah, I’ve known pve’ers over the years and they’re never happy unless they can f1 get up, watch netflix, and then come back with a flashy wallet full of bounties without having to risk a thing. The problem with that is that this is a MMO pvp sandbox with a player driven market and if players are allowed to farm npcs bounties by themselves without interference (and thus not contribute to the multiplayer, pvp, or sandbox portion of the game while also harming the player driven market by devaluing the currency) then something seriously needs to change.

1 Like

PvEers have never been able to do that in Eve. They have always had players in Hi Sec interfering with them.

Though I will say that PvEers in Null Sec have it easier since players are either blue or hostile, and they can just dock up when someone ukn enters their system.

PvEers in Hi Sec have to keep track of a lot more neutral players in local, though only a few may actually have hostile intentions.

The nice thing about Null is that either you have hostiles in local, or local is empty of non-blues.

1 Like

Pertains to every PvEer currently collecting any reasonable amount of NPC bounties regardless of the sec status of the system they’re in.