Eve = Safe

Perhaps one way is to simply make storing ships and items in NPC stations come with a sizeable fee per week/month. That way you start to encourage players to store items and ships in player owned citadel structures. Also, any characters under 30 days old could perhaps have low cost storage or free storage for 30 days to help them build up some income to help them pay for the fees.

Something like this would help push more assets into destructible stations. But I also think that maybe removing the safe storage when a citadel explodes is a good idea. Just let the loot remain in space for anyone to loot for several hours. The container could have an indestructible timer for a short time frame (an hour or two?) thus giving corpmates and allies the ability to recover those assets if possible.

Fine, bring back the watchlist, make nullsec local chat like wormhole chat

I know, I’m not going to make any friends with this, but do you guys not have any strategists? I don’t mean to insult you guys, really, but these :poop: ideas goes nowhere and you have to get through CCP first. i’m sorry for coming across as disrespectful, but this thread reminds me of the WiS crowd.

2 Likes

A society, needing incentives to do something, doesn’t work for the long-term. You’d have to continually increase the incentives, because those who only care about reward will attract more who only care about reward and they will demand more. Incentives don’t attract players who want to play, the attract people who only want to farm and hoard.

2 Likes

You shouldn’t :poop: on other people’s ideas.

You are right that some individual ideas are :poop:, but sometimes all those :poop: ideas can be fertilizer to some amazing ideas down the road.

Players should be free to express all the :hatching_chick: ideas they want.

1 Like

Players should be free to express all the :hatching_chick: ideas they want.

it happens really often nowadays that people, for some reason, mistake criticism and opinion for attempted censorship. i can guarantee you that me calling ideas :poop: doesn’t mean to tell them to stop posting them.

On the other hand are you telling me not to :poop: on people’s ideas (which means you don’t want me to express criticism) and thus are trying to limit my freedom of expression.

:grin:

2 Likes

Yes they do… :dealwithitparrot:

1 Like

What are you even talking about… The only way society works is if proper incentives are in place. Nobody would be flipping that burger for you at McDonalds if everyone just got everything for free.

There’s always people willing to work, because for them it’s important for some reason. Maybe because they know they’ll just degenerate over time, without a job, or maybe they just like being busy.

Doesn’t matter, though, because this is a game. I’ll try to express it differently:

when the only reason why people play in nullsec, because it’s easy money, then the best course of action is getting rid of the leechers who don’t give a :point_right::ok_hand: about the game. When there is no one who wants to play the game simply because they want to play it, then the game’s :point_right::ok_hand:ed.

the f2p community doesn’t care about the games they’re playing, they only care about MEMEME WANTWANTWANT GIMMEGIMMEGIMME. Re nullsec specifically:

who’s more desirable for a game? someone who wants to own nullsec space for bragging rights and owning space, or someone who doesn’t care at all and is there only because it’s easy achievements and arcade style playing? (= log in at pings for fleetfights)

Everyone is desirable regardless of their intention because when it comes down to it they’re all targets. The issue is making sure they’re not overprotected against interference. As long as they are providing potential content for others I don’t give a damn what their motivation for playing is.

Thank you for expressing your simplistic view about an actually complex matter. it’s useless, but appreciated.

Thank you for deflecting my rebuttal but don’t bother trying to save face. It’s already very obvious that you have no clue what you’re taking about.

1 Like

rebuttal? Dear Sir and or Madam, your babbling barely deserves the attention it gets. as i said, your simplistic view of a complex problem is useless, but appreciated. there is no need for a rebuttal, dear Sir and or Madam, because you fail to grasp the dimensions of what you are trying to talk about.

it’s comparable to a teenager thinking he figured it all out while suffering from dunning-krueger. do i need to link that for you, can you manage to look that up yourself, or will your next reply just prove me right?

You’re still deflecting. Either formulate a response that makes sense or please stfu

1 Like

I’m not deflecting. What your massive ego fails to comprehend is that it’s not actually qualified to take part in a discussion about the topic. if you cared to look through my post history, then you’d see that i am always willing to discuss things, as long as the person says something of substance. You, though, express nothing of substance, therefore there is nothing to talk about.

unless you understand this, there is no way moving forward!

You not caring about the motivation of people (as expressed above) makes it impossible to talk to you about these things, because you completely ignore some of the most relevant factors:
(and just for you i’ll keep it simple. i use “we” as short of “the criminal community”)

• What makes people do things
  • How do we exploit it
  • Are these people and their motivations actually desirable
  • How can we influence what drives their behaviour
  • How do we grow the community
  • How do we regain influence in highsec

I don’t need a rebuttal, you need to step up your game!

I don’t think blowing up abandoned MTUs and losing high-sec frig duels makes you part of the “criminal community”.

Also, you’ve done nothing but shoot down ideas without presenting a single idea of your own.

4 Likes

Personally i think SOV assets have too much defense, id prefer them with a lot of health and a short 5 hour reenforcement timer that is NOT set by the defenders. I think this helps even up the odds between defender and aggressor since now the aggressor gains a benefit they should have and that is the element of timing.

If your corp/alliance/coalition cannot respond within 5 hours of an attack and you lose an asset you really didnt deserve that SOV asset or space.

i don’t think a character’s ageand killboard is an accurate indicator of what the player knows, does, or how long he has been around. And you’re right regarding the latter. i usually present ideas myself and i actually started a long post about that yesterday already. it’s not done, but i also kind of wonder if there actually is a point to it.

I agree, but as you know unfortunately it seems like everyone has too much of a soft spot and writes off most unconventional methods of PVP to be unsavory, griefing, and bad for the game. I laugh at those people.

I always enjoy reading about your endeavors in BU :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Thanks! Just doin the lords work ya know xD

3 Likes