Eve = Safe

Release the capital restrictions on highsec… Make all space passable via gate

2 Likes

Allow us to use a MMJD on freighters and jump freighters. :whale:

Wow this thread has taken off. wasnt paying attention for a bit and am now reading up on 183 responses. Also, somewhere along the way this has become an idea box, which is nice I guess. keep it going!

To be honest the watch list didn’t allow any of the things you mention so you’re just being silly.

It was a useful conflict driver and was removed to keep cap pilots happy, ignoring the fact that cap pilots should be surrounded by friends or they fully deserve to be hunted down and exterminated.

Watch list wasn’t an “i win button” like you’re trying to make out.

Your inability to write sentences properly does not qualify you to point out “babbling” in others or to make them out to be uneducated :wink:

2 Likes

The comment was not about the feature, but the group of individuals that always insist Eve is too safe and anything that contributes to it being less safe is a good thing, regardless of the larger game-play considerations.

My point is that many of those people I have met in the past have stated that even an ability such as being able to forcibly eject players from stations would be a good step, as a reflection on that specific poster.

They take an unrealistic extreme position as a form of E-Bravado, which does nothing to contribute to the conversation and only annoys players who are truly trying to find a reasonable solution.

Such “playground” antics don’t really belong here, but we probably should tolerate them until such posters grow up, due to the min age requirements and demographics of this game.

1 Like

It does seem like there is a pretty big group of players (or at least a pretty loud group) that “just want to see the world burn”. I like your usage of the term playground antics, as it conjures mental images of playground hooligans pushing other kids off of the monkey bars and swings because it’s “healthy” for the playground, as certain EVE player groups seem to believe.

1 Like

Problem with this is that eve is not a literal school playground. Eve has been designed as a place where players can find themselves with the option to be the ultimate bad guy. A real space-terrorist.

These elements that contribute to the allowance of this should be celebrated, balanced around, and allowed to exist.

I remember my first week playing World of Warcraft back in 2005… There was a player looking to get a linen bag crafted by a tailor and he had all the materials needed. I took the opportunity to claim that I was a tailor and could produce the bag he wanted. I took his 6 linen cloth and ran thinking I had just made off with some huge heist. The next day I found myself unable to log into my account and read where I was suspended for 3 days.

The point that I’m trying to make is that EVE Online is not supposed to be like every other MMO that discourages all the unsavory things that make this game so unique and awesome. When was the last time you read an incredibly interesting article from any other MMORPG besides EVE Online? I have a hard time remembering one. Too many times I hear what I hope is the vocal minority here and on Reddit about how all these unsavory activities are terrible for the game and how it’s just not cool. I would argue that it is only because of these unsavory activities and unique mechanics that EVE is even alive today.

I was lured into this game because of the sandbox - the ability to actually be a bad guy and not be banned or slapped around. Sadly this type of gameplay has been diluted down a bunch and through the annoyingly silent CCP, bans and suspensions are issued out for things that have been passed as ‘kosher’ without any warning or communication as to if their stance has changed.

tldr: HTFU

2 Likes

Real ‘bad guys’ can use aliases…

–Gadget is just sayin’

What exactly is Gadget trying to say? Confused.

i miss can flipping :nerd_face:

1 Like

Can flipping is still a thing. Requires more work and setup, but it’s definitely do-able.

1 Like

You’re right, its a virtual playground or sandbox where people interact to entertain themselves.

But we are not talking about in-game interactions.

We were discussing forum interactions regarding desired game development in the absence of role-play, which doesn’t related to your points at all.

It is related because I’ve read tons of absurd suggestions that everyone knows is either pure trolling or delusion. Of course forcing playing out of a station is a terrible idea… The thing to pay attention to is why absurd or imbalanced ideas are tossed around. I believe it has more to do with players being tired of CCP coddling weak and casual players. While play styles getting nerfed because too many people whine.

Hell, I can think of a good number of reasons and ways that CCP has nerfed the ‘bad guy’ all while making eve a safer, less exciting place.

2 Likes

EvE has lost popularity with every “safety” addition over the past several years. I don’t think it’s reasonable to paste over the “make EvE more dangerous” crowd like that. Sure there are a few who just comment to yank your chain, but many people just see that EvE was a more interesting place when there was danger around every corner.

4 Likes

If you imagine it at a school of course it sounds bad. Now imagine it in a dog eat dog world where only the tough can survive and all of a sudden this seperation / elimination of the weak makes a lot more sense.

Is EvE the wild west or a school full of toddlers? I know which i’d rather it be, but your analogy makes it seem like you think of EvE as a creche which may explain your unrealistic opinions.

3 Likes

Good response, I appreciate your insight. I would much rather a “wild west” than a highly controlled “utopia”, that is for sure. At least when it comes to games, that is. Cheers.

1 Like

Black Pedro is correct in all of his points.

I will add though that there are a few Gankers whip do use expensive pods, but they are rare, and the ones who do are going to be virtually impossible to catch.

Let’s face it the good old deadly eve is long gone… Today’s eve is full of Merc alliances that need a blue donut to stay afloat or large nullsec coalitions that need each other to stay in power… Whatever happened to the good old days of my alliance owns this or that… All I need is my Corp… When did eve become Viva pinata hello Kitty edition… Seriously… I think to make eve more dangerous get rid of the ability to have alliances in highsec… And make alliances to base out of a low/nullsec and wormhole area… Make incursions lowsec only… So there’s a risk of danger but yet still possible and not one nullsec Alliance can horde it.
Let capitals and super caps travel through highsec but once in highsec their combat abilities are limited to that of a freighter…

1 Like

Smartbomb alts

1 Like